Project Custard - Gearbox issues

Started by custardavenger, May 12, 2008, 18:16

custardavenger

OK. Project Custard is officially on hold. I'm being made redundant and therefore don't have access to a machine shop to add the personnel touch. I will get a chance to do a few bits before I leave and I have a few parts on order that are bolt on but other than that I'm left with putting in the time designing stuff and trying to sort out parts getting made.

Fingers crossed I can get a better job with as good facilities.   s:D :D s:D
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

inert2k3

Ah Rob sorry to hear that mate - all the best with finding a new job!   s:D :D s:D  

Mohammed
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

loadswine

Hope you get sorted soon mate.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Oh crappety.   s:( :( s:(  Seems to be the way of things at the moment but I'm sure a bloke with your skills will find that dream job.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

E

Good luck with the job hunt Bud, hope you get sorted soon

SimonC_Here

I'm sure you'll find something right up your alley.
I've seen the quality work you do on the MR2 parts!  s:) :) s:)

Wabbitkilla

Shame Rob, hope you find that something special to start earning again!
With your engineering skills, you should get a good job   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Hey Rob
Gutted to hear that, yesterday it was a rumour today its official??
Pain in the bum mate, well now you can spend more time trying to fix my car, so every cloud and all that  s;) ;) s;)

custardavenger

Cheers Guys.
Was always official, and a bit political but hey, it happens.
Will have to see how it goes on the job front. Problem is I don't have the qualifications to match my talents. I just hope I can find somewhere that I can continue making things at. Anyway I have this weekend to get out of the way (mates wedding) then I'll get heavy with the applications. If there is nothing before Xmas I'll be down working on the MR2 and stuff.
Project Custard Clicky

muffdan

sorry to hear the news Rob, hope you find a job that suits.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

evileye_wrx

Bad news Rob. Really hope things get sorted for you quickly

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

carl_evs

Hey Rob - gutted for you mate. I know exactly how you feel with being in the same position only a few short months ago - just keep plugging away and you'll get something. I couldnt find anything and then the week I took this job I got offered another 2!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

philster_d

Exaxctly been there as well recently. chin up bro. You are young and sexy.

Philster.

custardavenger

Just back from the US and have unpacked my bag full of car goodies.

So excited and also a little disappointed as some will have to wait till I can afford to get the machining done I would have done myself.
Couple of things I'm not going to list as they are a surprise for later.

So on the conveyor tonight we have

A stainless steel exhaust manifold flange
A full set of speed source ARB bushes
Two lots of speed source shifter bushings
A sandwich plate
A oil filler cap
Various Toyota parts including a manual aerial  kit.
A mid length aerial
A full set of adjustable rear suspension links
An meguiers and 3M headlight polishing kits
Full 3M detailing kit.
3 K&N oil filters
Some awesome cool rubber bungs

And a J&S Interceptor! Well not quite. Had to send the board back but it will be in the post soon I'm sure.

So lots and lots to do now as well as all the stuff i was doing before I went. Going to have to get the garage heated I think.
Project Custard Clicky

muffdan

Christmas  s:) :) s:)
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

custardavenger

I know. Just need to get the dam battery tray made now.
Project Custard Clicky

StuM

Nice one Rob.  Look forward to seeing the bits going on... and intrigued by the surprise items!
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

uktotty

Ooh new bling, we like new bling!!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

custardavenger

Ok so if I remember rightly, It's time to reveal the some of the surprise items.

For those of you that know I currently have a Likwidart front badge. This is temporary if this next project comes off.

So I really wanted a custom JDM badge but missed the SC GB one them. So I decided to try my own. First I bought a badge and took it apart. Then I polished it so that it was clear. (didn't quite work as I burnt it a bit, That's what the marks are. I know what I did wrong so on final production I'll do another)

Next step add electroluminescence and an orange filter and we have

Normal light

The Dark

Long way from being finished but just so glad that this bit worked. Now I have to fit it all back into the body and and work out a way of sealing it.
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Its different and I like it,maybe clear sealant will seal it?

custardavenger

Yeah I was thinking possibly a few blobs of super glue to hold it the silicone round it and rub off excess. Not sure if the silicone will be enough to hold on it's own but not sure if the glue will show. Anyway long way to go till then.
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Quote from: "custardavenger"Yeah I was thinking possibly a few blobs of super glue to hold it the silicone round it and rub off excess. Not sure if the silicone will be enough to hold on it's own but not sure if the glue will show. Anyway long way to go till then.
You can buy clear liquid nails now - sticks anything  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob.

philster_d

Looks awesome Rob, i hope it can withstand the first chav that comes along and tries to nick it.

custardavenger

Quote from: "philster_d"Looks awesome Rob, i hope it can withstand the first chav that comes along and tries to nick it.

Seeing as it will only be on when I'm driving it they will have to be able to run pretty fast.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Project Custard Clicky

Wabbitkilla

I really like it ... hmmm .... i wonder   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: