Project Custard - Gearbox issues

Started by custardavenger, May 12, 2008, 18:16

Bernie

Quote from: "1979scotte"
Quote from: "custardavenger"Cheers scotte, That main problem is being an engineer and wanting everything to be straight, level and perfect. I have to remind myself that finished trumps all of those.  s:) :) s:)

There is perfect and practically perfect.
The second one will do.
Atleast you arent an architect. They design things that guys like me then have to figure out how to actually build. Pretty sure the have no idea what a tape measure is either.
Rant over.

I have to sort the costs out and these artichokes also know nothing about price or even are bothered

The number of those shows on the telly that stay in budget are few and far between !
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

shnazzle

I do nothing as exciting. My job is boring, drab, meaningless and unsatisfying. My professional skills are pointless and not challenging. I hate IT. Deeply. Biggest mistake of my life.

What is exciting is that you're back!
Hope you get stuff sorted and get the 2 out of storage.
...neutiquam erro.

mrzwei

Shnaz, unless you do something then nothing will change. You have to make the first move. What do you want to do? I changed my career twice, anything is possible.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

shnazzle

Quote from: "mrzwei"Shnaz, unless you do something then nothing will change. You have to make the first move. What do you want to do? I changed my career twice, anything is possible.
It's alright  s:) :) s:)  It pays the bills and I've got a house, family and 3 cars. You have to suffer sometimes to enjoy other things. I do suffer 45-60 hrs a week, but then at least I get to see it's all worth it in the end. I consider myself very lucky to be honest despite the suffering.

But yeah if it was financially feasible I'd retrain as an engineer. Anything with cars will do as well. All day at work I just think cars. All aspects.

I do have the utmost respect for people like you, just changing your life to what makes you happy.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: