Getting car cleaned

Started by Ama_1979, May 19, 2008, 10:49

Ama_1979

I apologise in advance if this seems like a silly question, but I'm going to ask you's anyways  s:) :) s:)

I wanted to know if its ok to have the car (hand) washed with power jets?  Would they damage the roof?  Would it be best to wash it with hard top or soft top on?  

Obviously the best way is to hand wash it myself, but sometimes where I live that isn't practical and I have to take it somewhere to get cleaned..

Thankyouuuuuuuu

Amy  s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

its fine to wash it with just the softop on but i wouldn't be useing a pressure washer on the roof, just a soapy sponge is best and then treat the rubber after
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I think some research is required......

m http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsz8M1t7YdA m

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ama_1979

Thanks Junkie, so ideally don't take it somewhere where they use pressure washers on it then...

s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

I've taken mine through a car wash without problems, though they don't give brilliant results. Like Stu says, no pressure washers near the roof seals.

Ama_1979

Cool, thanks..

Just too lazy to wash it myself  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Ha! you've only had the car a couple of weeks, you're supposed to be in "polish it twice a day mode" for at least a month! Like I do....

aaronjb

I've jetwashed the roof more than once..  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  You get the odd water run down the inside of the window, but only a little bead of water.

Never had anything bad inside the car.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I thought you could damage the seals?

aaronjb

Well if you stick the lance an inch from them, probably  s;) ;) s;)

Pass though - not had any problems using it at a sensible distance (i.e. far enough away that you wouldn't damage the paint work, either)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

another myth laid to rest.

Anonymous

I've always used a power washer (Fan pattern) on my roof, never had any problems, except as Aaron said a slight leak near the window. It always comes up clean as I find it blasts the dirt out of the fabric - not as if it's dirty any way  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Rob

wbarrwebster

Amy,

If you're pushed for time and can get to the Car Wash, Old Wickford Road in SWF, just tell the guys to keep the pressure wand low, Shelley has taken it there in the past, no major issues!!

B
W. B. Webster

Ama_1979

Got you Barry, I know the one...Been there in the past.

Nice one, thanks  s:) :) s:)

DannyN

Quote from: "FGRob"the dirt out of the fabric

Since when did you have dirt in anything ?
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

normanh

Ama try Autoglym Aquawax you can apply it when the cars wet and it will still give a brill polish its quick n easy  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

normanh

Tags: