Strange ECU?

Started by Jap GT300, January 12, 2004, 12:45

Jap GT300

While I was stripping out some parts to further reduce the weight of Kerrie's 2' (other half) I came across some unusual cables hidden in the side door sills there was 7 of them running front to rear and then a further bunch running out to the back of the car.

There seems to be a replacement ECU and what I think is an additional Piggyback placed to the side of it.  They piggy back is spliced into several parts of the loom next to the ECU.

The piggy back appears to be made by Matsubi? (poss wrong spelling)  And I am having trouble locating the appropriate badge on the ECU.  It clearly isn't the original as it is not sat on the original mounting point of the stock ECU.  

Has any one heard of this company before?  I thought it would be interesting to find out as there are so few ecu upgrades for the 2'.

Here are a couple of pics.

Anonymous

Ryoshuu no Matsubi is a Japanese anime, not sure about ECUs   s:? :? s:?

aaronjb

And according to this Japanes->English dictionary 'Matsubi' means 'End'.

I did find reference to a Matsubi Corporation, but it didn't seem to be anything to do with cars..

Matsuba is more common, but that appears to be a name..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Jap GT300

anime = animations (manga)?

aaronjb

Anime = Cool..  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Yep, Anime is manga animation (as opposed to manga, which are comics/cartoons).. I think thats the right way to define it anyway..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"Anime = Cool

I think thats the right way to define it anyway..

Yes, that's the right way to define it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Jap GT300"The piggy back appears to be made by Matsubi? (poss wrong spelling)  

Has any one heard of this company before?

Matsui is a big electronics company.

Tags: