Wiring Diagram or temp wire colour ?

Started by cdrskull, June 2, 2008, 12:05

cdrskull

Hi peeps. I've been playing with alittle arduino board (microcontroller) and have got it reading my car speed to a lcd display. I was after doing a similar thing for my temprature readout, so was wondering if anyone new which colour wire was for the water temp guage ? Or if someone has the wiring diagram for the clocks so I can just find it myself.

cheers

Steve
DNA 3Sixty Conversion
www.dnaoc.co.uk - Owners Club
www.bluepc.co.uk - Bolton PC Repairs (my new venture)

aaronjb

Doesn't look like engine temperature appears at the clocks other than as part of the serial encoded transmission between ECM & clocks.

The wire you want is Red with Blue stripe, going to pin 14 of connector C (E4) on the ECM.

[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

cdrskull

Hi fella, do you know what the serial transmission wire is I could perhaps tap into this and decode the info I need. Its only a data stream I would of thought.

Otherwise I will need to use the red/blue strip wire.

thanks for the info m8  :-) :-) :-)  it all helps

Steve
DNA 3Sixty Conversion

aaronjb

You've got a PM, Steve  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

philster_d

I can read mine on a PDA connected to the ODB socket.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"I can read mine on a PDA connected to the ODB socket.

i think Steve has a more permanent install in mind though Phil

Steve, you have a pm  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

cdrskull

Well I have but not for this car  :-) :-) :-)

If you know what I'm like then I enjoy nothing momre than ripping a car to bits and sticking a glass body on top  :-) :-) :-)

Its nearly time for my next project and this time the donor is a mk2 mr2 turbo.. the car will end up looking like a Murcielago which will have speed releated moving spoilers and bat wings  :-) :-) :-)

The idea is to build a little box that will control these things depending what speed and temp your car is at. I have already managed to code up a little box that now reads the pulses from the dails and only need the temp now. Then I will make the box with a couple of relays. Its raining at the mo so cant be bothered going outside messing but if it stops will try and get a little youtube video done of whats I've managed so far  :-) :-) :-)

a la bat wings  :-) :-) :-)

Just love messing !
DNA 3Sixty Conversion

Tags: