Ordered Che Manifold, Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Strut Brace

Started by tom_deas, June 20, 2008, 13:51

tom_deas

Just got a price of $725 (£365ish) for a Che Manifold, Elise style twin-exit centre exhaust, and a set of strut braces, and shipping. Pretty good eh. So I've decided to go for it, ordering tonight as soon as he's confirmed payment details.

I appreciate all the warning from other owners about some questionable quality at times, I'm not ignoring them. I've decided to take a calculated risk of having a Che part fail on me. Reasons -

1) Just found out reason for my engine replacement 17k miles ago before I bought the car was precat failure. NOT having that happen again, I'm not under the warranty blanket anymore

2) I'm on a budget right now, but doing a lot of miles and just got a job at Xtrac ( m http://www.xtrac.com m  who design F1 gearboxes btw! ERP Engineer position) so should have cash coming in soon, ie end of August. But it would be s*ds f*cking law if my precats die before then, and I'll probably clock at least 3000 miles in that period. And gutting them isn't my street.

I'm just thinking I'll risk failure of Che's rather than failure of pre-cats. £365 for the set of manifold + exhaust + front strut + rear strut + shipping is still a good price even if i end up needing to pay for another load of shipping (£70ish) when a part fails on me. Che's got a good rep for replacing faulty items.

Just sharing  s:) :) s:)  IIRC nobody else has imported a Che Elise twin-exit centre yet?

Tom
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

SimonC_Here

Well it will be cool to see the pics of the exhaust when you get it.

Simon

tom_deas

Yeah, so long as all goes smoothly. Should take a week or so I'd imagine.  s:) :) s:)

Someone mentioned to me the ear bursting properties of Che's exhausts   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

SimonC_Here

Mine (not a che) is pretty loud. You get used to it.

Simon

tom_deas

Nothing wrong with a bit of noise... my old kit car exhaust was probably bordering legality  s;) ;) s;)  I've heard some clips of the Che exhaust in action and it's PRETTY nice... will have to dig them up and post (its a Youtube clip so has vid of the exhaust on the '2 as well)

SimonC_Here

tom_deas

cheers, wasnt having much luck in my search

just looked through and apparently "jonboy" from Birmingham has already imported one of these  s:( :( s:(  never mind, I don't go up to Birmingham anyway  s;) ;) s;)

uktotty

Sounds great Tom, look forward to seeing it, as I said, happy to help if and when it arrives.
It may coincide with the delivery of my new Stainless Steel Style Bar from the USA too!!

tom_deas

cheers mate

ditto. will get the pints in   s:D :D s:D   any preference? im a man of Olde English or similar myself...

Kool PT

oh balls, has everyone who was showing interest in a che manifold already ordered one?!   s:( :( s:(
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

tom_deas

Could do with a GB really

I just got in with Che as I figured $725 for the package was a good rate

I'm sure he'd offer you the same price if you want to go for the CheTrio H/E/S

Kool PT

Quote from: "tom_deas"Could do with a GB really

you mean like http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=21445 this one?   s:D :D s:D
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

enid_b

edit to remove any hint of chastisement.

advice only

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

tom_deas

*edit out*

enid_b

tom,

speak to the accountant, he will tell you why.

or google what you proposed, im sure you will find an answer.

E
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

tom_deas

thanks for the heads up

yet again my ignorance to legal matters shows through   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

tom_deas

am i correct that the break in procedure for manifolds is <3000rpm for a few hundred miles (or a while, at least)?

SimonC_Here

Just remember to check your nuts are still on after the first few miles. Mine keep coming loose  s:( :( s:(

Simon

uktotty

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Just remember to check your nuts are still on after the first few miles. Mine keep coming loose  s:( :( s:(

Simon
s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

tom_deas

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Just remember to check your nuts are still on after the first few miles. Mine keep coming loose  s:( :( s:(

Looks like I'll be carrying a socket set around   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

evileye_wrx

Jonboy has a standard exit Che catback, or did have. I had one as well tho when it cracked (after 5 months) I sold it on cheap to Wurzy. Where he ever fitted it I don't know.

The standard exit Che was pretty loud, tho not up to Janspeed decibelitude. Don't know how loud the centre exit Che is but if it's anything like the two mentioned above it should be pretty interesting.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

tom_deas

so long as i see an improvement on sound over standard ill be quite happy to be honest. cant help but feel the standard is a bit flat. plus, a spyderchat member dyno'd a 6bhp gain with the box alone, let alone with the manifold (IIRC anyway, might have been with manifold). will be nice to see some gains.

main reason for purchase though is making the most of the combined shipping. NEED to loose those precats before i get over my head in sh*t with a dead engine i dont have the means to replace

enid_b

you could always just remove the precats yourself, total cost about 11 pounds including shipping

1 can plus gas
1 set of gaskets
1 set nuts and bolts

its not rocket science, even i did it (with a little help from spit)

ChrisGB

Quote from: "tom_deas"so long as i see an improvement on sound over standard ill be quite happy to be honest. cant help but feel the standard is a bit flat. plus, a spyderchat member dyno'd a 6bhp gain with the box alone, let alone with the manifold (IIRC anyway, might have been with manifold). will be nice to see some gains.

main reason for purchase though is making the most of the combined shipping. NEED to loose those precats before i get over my head in sh*t with a dead engine i dont have the means to replace

Hi Tom

It was me who got the improvement of 6bhp on the single exit exhaust. IT was pretty quiet on the standard catalyst setup. It only got very loud when combined with the PPE manifold and high flow cat. The PPE manifold is a 4 into 1 setup with a small secondary pipe diameter, so it tends to make the exhaust pretty loud. With the stock cat and Che manifold, it could be pretty loud, but should sound nice.

Dyno of the exhaust and exhaust / manifold / high flow cat here:

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

tom_deas

Thanks for detailed response.

IIRC Che doesn't ship his gaskets anymore due to problems with them so will have to order in from Toyota?

Tags: