Engine Warning Light/OBD II Reader

Started by gavw71, June 27, 2008, 21:19

tennisfreak

Item arrived, decided to fit myself and ordered Draper socket off ebay
Was a bit worried as never done anything like this before
Removed faulty one (P0136) and replaced without any problem
Reset the code and management light now off, took car for a short spin and it seems ok
Hopefully management light will stay off when I take car for longer journey later on in the week
Will keep you informed

tennisfreak

Quote from: "tennisfreak"Item arrived, decided to fit myself and ordered Draper socket off ebay
Was a bit worried as never done anything like this before
Removed faulty one (P0136) and replaced without any problem
Reset the code and management light now off, took car for a short spin and it seems ok
Hopefully management light will stay off when I take car for longer journey later on in the week
Will keep you informed

I have driven it to work and back today 46mile round trip and engine management light has stayed off
Hopefully sorted   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Hi guys.

Can you help? A few days ago, the EML came on in my 02 plate mr2. I got a code reader plugged in and the code was P0141- 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2....

So, luckily my bf works for a garage and he changed the lambda probe which was showing no voltage and reset the EML.

2 miles down the road and it came on again. Not very happy..... Plugged car in again, still says same thing.

Please please please does anyone have any ideas what may be the problem, its driving me crazy! And i want to try and save some money before last resort I take it to Mr.T or have to sell it...

Thanks

aaronjb

Two questions - which O2 sensor did he replace? Hopefully the one after the main CAT (under the left tail light)..

Second question - he said 'no voltage'.. where, and how was that measured?  On the heater circuit (which is what the fault is telling you)?  If so you have a wiring fault somewhere else, not an O2 fault.

[edit] For anyone else considering replying to the above post, you'll probably want to go here and save yourself some time:  l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26792 l
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Yup that was the one he replaced.
The code wasnt read at a toyota garage, just a local garage.
The other 2 sensors were shown to me on the screen of the code reader as changing voltage up and down and the bank 1 sensor 2 wasnt doing anything.
The lights been reset twice now and come back on...
Thats all I can tell you!

Anonymous

Hi all,

Since i've had my car the EML has been on. when i has it MOt'd the man turned it off, but it soon came back again. little nieve i know, but how do i get rid of it?   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

very embarrased to ask..but im not very knowledgable.

Thanks

Wabbitkilla

Simple find out what the code is and fix it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Have a look at the list of members with OBD readers and see if one of them will meet with you to read your codes, then work from there.
Seemples   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

so you just plug a code reader in, it tells you the code, you look up what that is, then get it fixed? that simple? cause it runs like rubbish with it on and i'm getting sick of it!

Thanks  s:) :) s:)

G

nathanMR2

It could be many things and the most simple way is to get the code read. In the mean time it might be worth cleaning you MAF sensor and resetting the battery. It more than likely won't solve the problem but it won't hurt and your light will go off for a while longer   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

There are a good few sensors on the vehicle and they can and do go. You wont know what it is until you get it read.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

ok i will give the cleaning a go tomorrow. then see about getting my codes Read.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

once i know what it is, because of my lack of knowledge, would it be best to get it sorted by a toyota garage?

Thanks

uktotty

Im am in Berks, I can read your code for you

Mad Matt

Why not post the code here and see what people have to say? It might save you a few bob. If it's beyond your abilities to solve then take it to Toyota and you haven't lost anything.

Anonymous

Would you? i live in Thatcham. Your in Newbury arnt you?

Thanks   s:D :D s:D     s:D :D s:D

Mike68

l viewtopic.php?f=46&t=12480 l

Here are what faults the code refers to
Ex Silver MR-S

Now - Mica Red bug eye Scooby with blobeye front end conversion, Ninja 2 turbo back exhaust, HKS dump valve, prodrive fuel pump, prodrive 3 port turbo solenoid, BC Racing coilovers, K Sport 8 pot front brakes, VF35 turbo, 550 injectors, japspeed front mount intercooloer, 18" Kei RSS alloys, blobeye rear lights, tumble valve delete using JDM inlet manifold. Map completed by Race Dynamix 346 bhp, 340 lb torque

Anonymous

s:o :o s:o   oh my, well hope its nothing to serious!! how would the mechanic who MOT'd my car have turned it off, just deleted the code with the reader?

uktotty

Quote from: "George1989"Would you? i live in Thatcham. Your in Newbury arnt you?

Thanks   s:D :D s:D     s:D :D s:D
Newbury, so 3 miles from you  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Sounds good to me. When are you free? Are you sure? Does it matter what year etc my car is?

Thanks

uktotty

Car makes no odds unless it's an import.
Check your PM for my contact details.

Anonymous

Thanks you!

nathanMR2

Quote from: "George1989":o  oh my, well hope its nothing to serious!! how would the mechanic who MOT'd my car have turned it off, just deleted the code with the reader?

Either that way...... or more likely disconnected the battery for 10-15mins
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: