10w-40 oil ok?

Started by Ilogik, July 15, 2008, 13:03

Ilogik

Hi im new, just want to check this is the right oil? or if its ok, Had an MR2 turbo previously  and a mk2 n/a before that one so I love my MR cars. My other question when is the best time to check the oil on the car? I checked it today, one side of the dip stick showed half full where the other side showed full. The stick is tricking me lol.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

onion86

I usually just start the engine up for a minute then turn it off, check the oil then and it should have warmed up slightly and give you quite a clear reading.

I think 10w/40 oil is OK but I think it's recommended to use 5w/40 with the car. I've got 0w/40 Mobil1 in mine at the mo and I'm checking it tonight to see how it's going.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

kentsmudger

Quote from: "onion86"I usually just start the engine up for a minute then turn it off, check the oil then and it should have warmed up slightly and give you quite a clear reading.

Surely some of the oil is now slowly trickling back down to the sump and not being measured?
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Tags: