Does anyone have a tuned MR2 in Kent?

Started by Andy_Foz, August 1, 2008, 21:34

Andy_Foz

If so, I would LOVE to go for a spin at some point to get a feel what more power in a Spyder feels like. Im trying to decide what will be best for me (V6, turbo, 2ZZ etc etc etc). Im thinking N/A would suit the car better, but would love to get an idea of any of the above or even a nicely tuned 1ZZ.

Can you help? I really would be so grateful and happily shout someone a pub lunch and a drink for their time? Im in Teynham, but happy to travel!

Please get in touch??

Andy

Star_69

Hi Andy. Should be getting my car back very soon with a supercharged 2zz in it. I'm in Dartford, and would gladly take you out for a spin if you want.
-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

DannyN

Quote from: "Star_69"Hi Andy. Should be getting my car back very soon with a supercharged 2zz in it. I'm in Dartford, and would gladly take you out for a spin if you want.

Andy that sounds awfully dangerous....

(to the wallet I mean   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

loadswine

I think Brad got the power unit at a very good price. I think the wallet might hurt a bit for the install, but who knows, should be one helluva car. I wouldn't mind a trip out in it myself.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "Star_69"Hi Andy. Should be getting my car back very soon with a supercharged 2zz in it. I'm in Dartford, and would gladly take you out for a spin if you want.

Buddy, thats perfect, thank you!!! Soon as you want to hook up, let me know via PM or I can send you my mobile number?

Loadsawine, see your in Sutton... Ive actually only moved out to kent recently, was in Kingston before, so know Slutton, sorry Sutton (  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) quite well!Perhaps if Im ever in the area, (visiting the parents etc) you might be kind enough to let me say hi as well? Bit of a long shot, but would love to get a feel for these cars before I go and throw £3k plus at one!

Andy

Liz

If you want to spend about 30 mins going up to Stansted I have a turbo'd 2, same as the one that is for sale installed for £3k!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Star_69

Andy, I'll give you a shout when its done. I visit friends in Sittingbourne quite a lot so Im right by your neck of the woods. I'm hoping for a week or two, but the final furlong is finding a control unit for the supercharger as the PowerFC ECU can't engage/disengage on set critera. Other than that its good to go. To be honest, I'd speak nicely to Liz as that TTE kit thats going is a bargain and probably won't be around for long!

Quote from: "DannyN"Andy that sounds awfully dangerous....
(to the wallet I mean   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Yes. Quite painful! As Nige mentioned I got a deal on the engine and gearbox but am starting to cry regarding the install costs. I still think its reasonable considering whats involved. Since the 1zz seized Im justifying it to myself as being cheaper than getting a 1zz recon then a turbo, and a little unique as toyota only made 250 of the engines.

Nigel, I've been dribbling over your videos since I joined the site. Wouldnt mind a trip out in yours too!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

loadswine

Good luck with the ecu hunt Brad. I think Rogue are quite good with their knowledge of ecus, so its in a good place for that.
Andy and Brad, you are both welcome to have a spin out in the V6 , no probs.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Andy_Foz

Thats brilliant, thanks very much, everyone!

Brad, let me know when you get her back, buddy? Happy to travel to Dartford or we could coincide it with one of your trips to Sittingbourne? There are some great country pubs round here!

Loadsawine, so appreciated, thank you! I have a birthday in a couple of weeks, so will go and visit the parents to claim my paddock stand Ive asked for (how cheeky???) so will be in touch!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

And Liz, someone has offered to help me out with something I want done on my bike in your neck of the woods too, so that would nicely kill two birds with one stone. Thank you again!

Gosh, everyone is so helpful, thank you!

Andy

Liz

Glad to hear that you think we are helpful!!

I will be at Stansted during the day every day during the day from Weds > Friday then Nights Sat and Sun.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

The answer to your question is NO   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

They are all up north.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Chris

Interesting, and my neck of the woods too!  Just when I was thinking there were no interesting modded 2's near me!..
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: