ALLOYS

Started by Anonymous, January 17, 2004, 19:46

Anonymous

My service/alloy change has now been altered - it's on the 21st as well now as the refurbed wheels are part of a bulk order. It might be interesting to know just how many sets they have in that order.

Lets hope our current sets don't disintegrate into dust over the next 12 days!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

It must be pretty standard that Toyota alloys corrode and calipers rust as my old Lexus IS200 (1999 model) had both of these problems. Alloys replaced under warranty and calipers cleaned and painted.

DAZ400

Hi Jonny G, I had mine replaced at SE in MK no problem except they used stupid long valve stems which actually stick out past the wheel!!!!! I tried to explain this and the service manager but he said we only buy one size from our supplier. And he failed to grasp the concept that this did not make it right and why not push the boat out and stock more than one size assuming that valve stems don't cost a fortune, any way the primate said if I would like to supply my own valve strems he would fit them for free. So the choice is yours.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

Quote from: "DAZ400"Hi Jonny G, I had mine replaced at SE in MK no problem except they used stupid long valve stems which actually stick out past the wheel!!!!! I tried to explain this and the service manager but he said we only buy one size from our supplier. And he failed to grasp the concept that this did not make it right and why not push the boat out and stock more than one size assuming that valve stems don't cost a fortune, any way the primate said if I would like to supply my own valve strems he would fit them for free. So the choice is yours.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

LOL, they did the same to my wheel when i had one of mine replaced... i said i was not happy when i got the courtasy call asking if i was happy with the work carried out and it was replaced the next time i was in there   s:D :D s:D  Just got to know how to treat them in that place!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

DAZ400

Thanks Kris for the warning before I had mine changed............

Anonymous

Quote from: "DAZ400"Thanks Kris for the warning before I had mine changed............

sorry mate, didnt give it another thought as there are so few of us in MK on here... should really post things like that shouldnt i   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

DAZ400

Have you had your Calipres painted if so did Mr T do it ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "DAZ400"Have you had your Calipres painted if so did Mr T do it ?

nope, not yet mate.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "DAZ400"Have you had your Calipres painted if so did Mr T do it ?

nope, not yet mate.
Kris have you approached on this problem yet as my calipers are pretty bad as Daz can verify  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

no cos mine have been fine till they put the salt on the road recently. They just scrub up with a bit of elbow grease... and TBH i think that some painted calipers look cheap so its not top of my list.

Knowing SE, they will tell you to p**s off anyway

Tags: