Too The Top   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
03 MR2 Roadster
03 Lexus G3430 Sport
95 Supra Single Turbo
...and a nice little yaris for the wife

philster_d

s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Sorry to sound like a noobie but does it reduce the breakover angle  (underboby clearance) at all ?  I ask because I occasionally get a rub when I turn into my drive.

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Yoyodyne"Sorry to sound like a noobie but does it reduce the breakover angle  (underboby clearance) at all ?  I ask because I occasionally get a rub when I turn into my drive.
Yes, just a little, due to the bracing on the X section (see pic), the plate itself is the same thickness as the stock plates. I get the occasional zing across the top of a square speed bump

[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Anonymous

Assuming it is the standard fitted plate that is catching would I be correct in thinking this would give more underbody protection to anything vital (my other car is an '86 Range Rover with 2" lift, big tyres etc and is used for some serious off-road fun so you can see where I am coming from).  If I try and get the MR2 in the garage there will be some almighty sparks flying - would a breast plate help or hinder?

gavinl

Well I can't wait anymore so I'm going to contact Corky and get one from the US.

If the shipping isn't that much extra I might buy a few extras.
03 MR2 Roadster
03 Lexus G3430 Sport
95 Supra Single Turbo

uktotty

Quote from: "Yoyodyne"I occasionally get a rub when I turn into my drive.

Cant believe I missed that one!!!!!!!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

E

Quote from: "gavinl"Well I can't wait anymore so I'm going to contact Corky and get one from the US.

If the shipping isn't that much extra I might buy a few extras.

Possible group buy then maybe ?

gavinl

I have asked him for prices on 5, 10 and 20 BP's, let's see what happens.
03 MR2 Roadster
03 Lexus G3430 Sport
95 Supra Single Turbo

MR 2ster

Im in!!!!

gavinl

All,

There is a small discount for multiple purchases (11+ is much better), however were the big cost saving is with the shipping.

Buying a "single" BP will cost $166+$45 shipping (6-10 days transit time) if we buy 6 then the shipping cost is a much more reasonable $100.

With the current exchange rate of around $1.60 to the pound, I would suggest a price of £110.00 plus any duties and fees (pro rata)

Any thoughts?
03 MR2 Roadster
03 Lexus G3430 Sport
95 Supra Single Turbo

MR 2ster

From what I've read this is one of the best handling mods for the MR2...£110 is a small price to pay...but what will the duty be? Surely on a bulk postage it will be moe due to the value of the order!

Which means it could work out not much elss than individually shipped!!

Isn't there someone in the UK that can manufacture these?

I'm still in BTW!!!

ChrisGB

Quote from: "MR 2ster"From what I've read this is one of the best handling mods for the MR2...£110 is a small price to pay...but what will the duty be? Surely on a bulk postage it will be moe due to the value of the order!

I'm still in BTW!!!

The breast plate makes the body more rigid and gives the car a more solid feel. It is a very good effect for very little money. You would be hard pushed to ever find someone taking one off their car because they did not like it.

Duty on suspension and chassis parts is 3.5%. This is applied to the value of the package including shipping costs, then VAT is calculated on the total. If you import one at a time, you have high per part shipping cost, then you add duty to that as well as each part, plus handling fee per part (sometimes as much as £25). One big package splits the cost of per part packaging, shipping and handling down by a huge amount. This saves on overall cost and duty.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

gavinl

Nicely put, thanks.

I'm ordering some of these next weekend, please register your interest.

Gavin

Quote from: "ChrisGB"
Quote from: "MR 2ster"From what I've read this is one of the best handling mods for the MR2...£110 is a small price to pay...but what will the duty be? Surely on a bulk postage it will be moe due to the value of the order!

I'm still in BTW!!!

The breast plate makes the body more rigid and gives the car a more solid feel. It is a very good effect for very little money. You would be hard pushed to ever find someone taking one off their car because they did not like it.

Duty on suspension and chassis parts is 3.5%. This is applied to the value of the package including shipping costs, then VAT is calculated on the total. If you import one at a time, you have high per part shipping cost, then you add duty to that as well as each part, plus handling fee per part (sometimes as much as £25). One big package splits the cost of per part packaging, shipping and handling down by a huge amount. This saves on overall cost and duty.

Hope this helps.

Chris
03 MR2 Roadster
03 Lexus G3430 Sport
95 Supra Single Turbo

ChrisGB

Post up a thread in the group buy section. It may increase interest.

Quote from: "gavinl"Nicely put, thanks.

I'm ordering some of these next weekend, please register your interest.

Gavin

Quote from: "ChrisGB"

I'm still in BTW!!!

Hope this helps.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Tags: