Another blown engine?

Started by Jap GT300, January 18, 2004, 10:54

markiii

Martin,

Thats heresy,  s:( :( s:(    

but your right. Based on the cost of the elise blink convertion though it won't cheap.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"If you're going to the trouble and hassle of an engine swap, why bother with the 2ZZ? The Honda VTEC in stock form is 200bhp, revs insanely and has a much nicer torque curve than the Toyota.

Might be worth talking with Rich @ BLiNK...

Well the 2ZZ fits in with hardly any real work, Cin had no real problems with his.  I would imagine sticking in a Honda engine would be a real pain in the ass.  It would also cost a packet!

Jap GT300

I will contact them and see what their suggestions are.  If I were to go with a Honda Vtec though it would have to be the S2K engine.  

I have a feeling this will be well out of my league though.

BTW. 2ZZ with exhaust and CAI will give you 200bhp

Anonymous

Sorry, adding a bit late to this one but...

QuoteI looked at the rev gauge and it seemed to bounce of 7000 twice before I hear this ping sound followed by a tapping noise

This doesn't sound like the normal mode of precat/engine failure; if you have broken something, it sounds like it might be more to do with revs than precats...  s:?: :?: s:?:

Jap GT300

I have a full header and downpipe anyway so it wouldn't be that.

Well I went and checked the oil last night.  It was bone dry.  That means the engine has drunk 3 pints in 1k miles (3 weeks).

Is there any point in filling it with oil or should I just accept it's fate?

Thanks Adam

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Is there any point in filling it with oil or should I just accept it's fate?

I think it's dead already. Probably was dying way before any signs of noise and oil loss, those are just first "big" signs of this disease  s:? :? s:?

Please add yourself here:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: