Great surprises today!

Started by Andy_Foz, August 11, 2008, 18:22

Andy_Foz

Bought my MR-S last month and viewed it in the dark (!)... everything looked in order, so went ahead with a deal.

Decided this afternoon I would start making a few aesthetic changes. First surprise... took an alloy off only to find they are genuine Weds wheels. They were originally white and have had the front resprayed silver. Parts of the back are still white! I was going to paint them satin black, but now Im half tempted to restore them to their original white. What do you think? Is this going to be a mission to keep them resembling anything close to white?? Would it look good against my blue Roadster?

Second surprise (the biggy!!!)... my suspension is not standard... I have fully adjustable Tein coilovers! Always thought it felt good but didnt really have anything to compare it to. Over the moon at this find. It looked almost standard height, so never had a reason to consider it was aftermarket. Must be worth a few hundred quid (the previous owner didnt know much about it) I would have thought?

SO, does anyone know where I can get a Tein spanner to wind her down a notch or two? I dont want a chav stance, but would like to drop her a few mm.

Andy

Gotta dash out now and Photobucket is still uploading, but will post some pics when I get home.

aaronjb

*checks outside to make sure his car is still there* Phew!

White wheels & Teins on a blue roadster, you say?

[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Just out of interest, is that the aerial the guy on sc sells?

aaronjb

Yup, it's an LT shorty.  I love it, regardless of the fact that you get .. well, no radio reception at all, in the UK (I pick up one local radio station and that's it  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ).

Justin (LordTakuban) is a top guy, I can wholly recommend his service, too  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "aaronjb"Yup, it's an LT shorty.  I love it, regardless of the fact that you get .. well, no radio reception at all, in the UK (I pick up one local radio station and that's it  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ).

Justin (LordTakuban) is a top guy, I can wholly recommend his service, too  s:) :) s:)
He is a top bloke. Met him when I was last in Florida  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Andy_Foz

lol, aaron!

These are the wheels. Nowhere near as nice as yours, but better than standard I think.

And the suspension. Touch!

And the coilies! Not in great condition, but no leakages, just surface rust.

And the car waiting til I decide what colour for the wheels. Im not toying with the idea of painting them bronze as well... far too difficult to decide!

Andy

philster_d

Thats about normal condition, they dont stay green and shiney for long.

Philster

Tags: