30K service prices...

Started by GSB, January 19, 2004, 16:21

GSB

My '2's in need of a service, so out of interest, I've done some shopping around...

Chelmsford:
£110 for the service, £40 to change thebrake fluid.

Rayliegh:
£75.55 / £48.59

Romford:
£125 / £44.47

Colchester:
£105.84 / £51.53

Ipswich:
£106.25 / £41.25

Most are about £100 for the service and £50 for the brake fluid with the Exception of Romford who wanted 25% more for a basic service...  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Taking it to Jemca in Tottenham though where the MR2 ROC discount takes the price just under the others... just! They are also throwing in a front suspension fix (the old favorite - rattley top mount syndrome) and a courtesy car as well, so I cant complain to much...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

heathstimpson

MR2 ROC discount  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"MR2 ROC discount  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

Not for us MK owners mate.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"MR2 ROC discount  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

Not for us MK owners mate.
That's a shame; typical...
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

GSB

Something I did ages ago, but no-one seems to use...

Jemca Metro, and in particular the Service Manager Peter Wick, and the Parts Manager Ian Le Count, took an interest in the club way back when it was on the yahoo mailing list. If you tell them you're a member they'll let you have discounts on parts, servicing and tyres... The problem is that with London Labour rates, the service prices tend to go down to normal levels, but for me at least they have been unbeatable in terms of customer service.

A long time ago getting a TTE exhaust was like getting blood from a stone. TTE wouldn't deal with you directly, but only via your main dealer, and Toyota GB had an argument with TTE so they weren't importing them. Add to that the fact that if you did manage to get one outside of the dealer network there were no promises of honouring your waranty and you can see the kind of problems you had in getting one...

Several members tried and failed to get one via their local dealer, to no avail, but when Ian Le Count expressed an interest in getting involved, I set him the challenge to get one... Took him 2 days... He got one in for me and it went on Phil Dye's Car, where I believe it still resides...

Since then of course, things have moved on and the TTE is commonly available, although it's no longer the premier choice of exhausts for the car, but back then it was all there was! I still use Jemca though, and recently they were good enough to turn a blind eye to my exhaust whilst it was in for a lit of warranty work as long as my arm, including a new gearbox. As an example of the care I recieved, they pulled every string there was to get me a new box in rather than taking the proper route of ordering the parts and re-building my existing box, which would have taken months...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

while I've never used Jemca in teh end, they have possibly the onlt Toyota parts department I've ever come across who can actually get you information (I'm talking the weight of teh TTE wheels) and actually bother to ring you back.

Shame theres not more liek them.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: