Goodyear Eagle Ventura

Started by paul russell, January 20, 2004, 10:55

Tem

S03's are about the same over here  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

You guys might wanna think about ordering from US. The 195/50/15 is under $100...that's under £50.

No idea about shipping only tyres, but 4 tyres and 4 wheels were about $250. If you're not in a hurry, a sea freight should be a lot less..
(needless to say that wheels are bloody cheap in US at these rates as well)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

paul russell

Quote from: "paul russell"
Quote from: "darrenjuggins"good price ??

£136.

That was £136 for the pair, by the way.

juansolo

Quote from: "pp"
Quote from: "juansolo"Stiffer than the Bridgestone RE030's to the point you need to run them with much lower pressures.  Ride suffers because of it though.

I'm not sure I'd run them unless you were planning on using it on circuit though.  They're a great allrounder but the Bridgestones are probably better road tyres.

Thanks Guys.

Markiii talks about s 03, you talk about reo 30.
   A little confused, the Bridgestones S 03 are the same as reo 30?

If not what is the best for a spireted drive.

My bad, I meant RE040 (or whatever they're called).  As for whats best for spirited driving that depends what you mean by spirited.

The Bridgestones were fine tyres: grippy, good in the wet and predicatble when they let go.  But they melt and fall apart on track.  On a road they'd be my choice though as you'll never get them hot enough to do that sort of damage to them.

Which is why I'd probably avoid the Nova's for road as they're a little harder and the ride suffers.  Also they're not as grippy when cold and not quite as good in the wet.  They are a massively progressive and communicative tyre though and amazingly durable.

I've not tried the Proxies so can't compare.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "juansolo"I've not tried the Proxies so can't compare.

Both Markiii & SteveJ tried my car at the weekend with the proxes on them so hopefully they will tell you what they thought. It was the first time i gave it a little extra since having them on the car and both me and mark (as passenger) could feel the car just gently sliding at the back, very progressive and gives you so much confidence.

Cant wait till they are scrubbed in now!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

markiii

Well die hard F1 fan as I am I must admit they were very impressive.

They are as communicative as teh venturas but theyre not lethal like the venturas.

They are also cheaper thans cheap stuff in a sale. Reading teh mytyres review they are a little behind teh F1's in al respects but at half the price (I kid you ot) you can change them twice as often.

I'm seriously thinking of trying these next instead of the F1s now.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Just a gentle moderator reminder to all, if you have any comments on tyres that may be useful in future to others, could you post your comments in the sticky topic "Tyres, tyres, tyres"?

m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=834 m

Cheers...

GSB
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

im running a set of dunlop SP1 on the front at the minet and they seem fine good drip in the dry and wet, and road noise is down aswell
 i payed £51.00 each for them which was a good price i think as they were new tyre from dunlop for 2003

Anonymous

After reading the available information, and listening to your sugestions (thanks Guys) I would say that probably the best tyre for my kind of driving (if I can, I will do some track time, so I don't want tyres you can't use for that) are the Bridgestone 03.

I've got a 2003 with 185/55/R15 and 215/45/R16. The 03 have the following sizes:

195/50/R15, 195/55/R15 and 215/55/R16, 225/45/R16, 225/45/R16

Do you think the 195/55/R15 and 225/45/R16 are the best option?
  Do you think the balance of the car will be maintained?
  (I'm waiting for the turbo from TTE, and I will have one soon, that or Lampka, so, the extra width can be a good idea.)

I know that some of you know a lot more than me on this, so I would apreciate your comments.

Thanks

Anonymous

Go for 195/50/15 & 225/40/16 if you can... going wider and not lower on the rears will put your speedo out quite a bit.

Thats what im running in Toyos and its super fine.

GSB

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Go for 195/50/15 & 225/40/16 if you can... going wider and not lower on the rears will put your speedo out quite a bit.

Thats what im running in Toyos and its super fine.

Using 225/45/16's in place of the original 215's

Speedo reading will be 1.5% too slow. (vehicle will be travelking 1.5% faster than it says on the clock.)

Using 225/40/16's in place of the original 215's

Speedo will be 2.3% too fast (vehicle will be traveling 2.3%slower than it says on the clock.)

Source:   m http://www.miatanet.com/garage/tirecalc.html m
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Thats why i went too fast... i would rather be going slower than i think than faster!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Thats why i went too fast... i would rather be going slower than i think than faster!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Same here (think I already am, GPS says my speedo is already 5mph over reading).

Tags: