Rear window shattered!

Started by Kool PT, September 2, 2008, 10:27

aaronjb

[mod] Ok ok, less talk of shagging in cars   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  and more talk of shattering glass and getting it replaced, mmmkay? [/mod]
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Paulpickerill

Quote from: Kool PT600 quid is well into hard top territory though...thinking I might just try and get a hard top and then sort out a trip to the Netherlands for a Robbins soft top next spring.

My rear glass came unbonded from the softtop, and a local place (Autotrim in Ivybridge) bonded it back in for £35.

They also fit canvas soft tops (presumably similar to the Robins) for £1500.

Paul

uktotty

I did get a quote a while back for a NEW Softop inc glass for £395 or something,

uktotty

Just an additon to that as I found the email

I have spoken with our inhouse trimmer and he says that it couldn't really be repaired as a patch wouldn't last very long without it catching and possibly making it worse. If you go for a new the hood would cost in vinyl
£395 + VAT or mohair £475 + VAT.

Regards
Debbie

Kool PT

National Windscreens are coming up tomorrow with glass only, with the intention of refitting it. I have discussed everything with him and he has expressed no concern with sealing the glass part back into the hood...we'll wait and see   s8) 8) s8)
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Kool PT

I will give one of enid_b's gold stars to whoever can tell me what happened when national windscreens came to see me today.

Anonymous

They did it.

Anonymous

They didn't do it.

Anonymous

That star is mine  s8) 8) s8)

edward.carter

They said, "ooh its one of those soft top versions, we cant do that"

roger

" The glass we brought doesn't fit"
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

"That's a funny-looking MX-5"

Kool PT

Quote from: "edward.carter"They said, "ooh its one of those soft top versions, we cant do that"

correct, more or less word for word...

StuM

Quote from: "Kool PT"
Quote from: "edward.carter"They said, "ooh its one of those soft top versions, we cant do that"

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

What glass did they bring incidentally - MKII, or MKIII hard top?
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

uktotty

Jesus!! What part of MR2 ROADSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do these people not understand????
How many NON Softtop MR2 ROADSTERS did Toyota make??????
Did you see my post about new roof for £395?

Wabbitkilla

These professionals in the business, i feel so ashamed that i dared suggest they were talking out of their ... um ... err ... smelly places   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Still doesn't fix your problem though, are you going to talk to your insurer about it?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Kool PT

roadster hard top   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   i'm both astonished and unsurprised in the slightest. I actually had three seperate phone calls with them last week in which we discussed that this model and my car has a soft top, that the glass that is bonded into the soft top had shattered, and that autoglass had said they couldn't seal a new one in but National Windscreens thought that it would be possible.

DannyN

You should've recorded all the telephone conversations.

You know the bit at the beggining when they alway say "please note this call maybe recorded for training purpose" - well you could send them your own tape back and say "train this ya monkeys !!!"

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Kool PT

Quote from: "uktotty"Jesus!! What part of MR2 ROADSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do these people not understand????
How many NON Softtop MR2 ROADSTERS did Toyota make??????
Did you see my post about new roof for £395?

yup and in the event of all else failing I will probably give it a shot. currently on the phone to insurer as national windscreens said that a visit to the toyota dealer would be covered under my policy.

Kool PT

Current status:

Phoned windscreen claims, they told me to phone up the normal claims number.
Phoned regular claims, got to a company who takes claims on behalf of my company. Raised a reference with my company and faxed a local autobody repair shop.
Phoned my company quoting reference, hadn't come through yet, got told to phone autobody repair shop.
Phoned autobody repair shop, got told that they can't fit canvas roofs, and to speak to insurance company.

The saga continues...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kool PT"I will give one of enid_b's gold stars to whoever can tell me what happened when national windscreens came to see me today.

Invalid, you have none to give and anyway they are non transferable.  s:D :D s:D

rmowbray

Quote from: "Kool PT"

That had a certain inevitability about it   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

edward.carter

well they said it once, so it was obvious they would make the same mistake twice... i dont care i still got it right  s:-D :-D s:-D  anyways good luck with your repair/replacement  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Kool PT

Has anyone used these dudes then?

m http://www.soft-top.co.uk/ m

I believe that's who UKtotty is referring to, as they gave me the same prices on the phone. Phoned Toyota yesterday who said £4500 to fit a new roof. Need to find out what my excess is as I can't actually remember, but if it's something high, combined with losing 2 years no claims, I will probably just go with soft-top.co.uk and be a Guinea Pig!

Tags: