Anyone used Megan Racing coil overs yet?

Started by Wabbitkilla, September 3, 2008, 09:59

Wabbitkilla

Just a quick search and no-one seems to have owned up to using these.

I'm beginning to think my shocks are a bit worn, might all be in the head of course.
Looking at the options, simply everyone has Tein super streets and i like them.

But being of a certain nature i of course like to be different.
The megans look nice, have good adjustability and a darned good price (not taking into account shipping to the UK).

So has anyone used them and got any useful opinions?

Linky
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

£500 looks like a good enough reason to buy, they do look like those Australian D2s tho!

Wabbitkilla

D2's are available at a similar price, there are also K-Sports which are competitively priced in the UK.

I'll search a bit more, but now the K-Sports are looking good, but don't know how good they are or if they're even adjustable.
I might have to wait till i get my promotion back money before buying though.

I've also emailed Tein as i've recently bought a set of pillowball topmounts to see if i can get a set of superstreets without topmounts.

If anyone has opinions and experience of the following coil overs then please speak up;

D2
Megan Racing
K-Sport
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Jaik

I seem to remember reading on Spyderchat that the shocks are all over the place, very inconsistent damping curves (whatever they're called) and whatnot.

aaronjb

If you're thinking of the thread I read, though, bear in mind that the opinion of people posting was that basically they are all fit for nothing but the bin (including Tein) and the only ones worth having were in the price range of Ohlins etc.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Looking at cost of shipping and VAT, it actually looks like the K-Sports are the best (cheapest), unless Tein are willing to sell me a set of SS without topmounts, unless someone wants to offer me £300 for the topmounts on their own - not even been fitted, and £100 for the Tein S-Techs.

aaronjb

I'm not sure the Tein top mounts will work with the coilovers - I have a feeling the springs are a totally different diameter.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Yep, the fronts will, but the rears are designed for 100mm springs, the Superstreets use 70mm springs.

So it looks like K-Sports at the moment.

custardavenger

Dam I hadn't seen K-sport. Nice brakes. Glad I haven't got 17" wheels or I'd be tempted. Good luck on choosing Nick. There doesn't seem to ba alot in it with all of them. Will be very interested to see what the K-sports are like if you get them.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Jaik

Quote from: "aaronjb"If you're thinking of the thread I read, though, bear in mind that the opinion of people posting was that basically they are all fit for nothing but the bin (including Tein) and the only ones worth having were in the price range of Ohlins etc.
That'll be the one. I'd be interested to see how consistent the stock shocks are really. The vague impression I get is that they would sit somewhere between the cheaper aftermarket parts and the high quality kit (Ohlins, Proflex, Penske etc)?

Wabbitkilla

The K-Sports are top of the running now, based on price, ability to support/warranty in the UK, oh - and they're just along the road in Bradford so i could pick them up.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Just need money now!
My stock shocks seem to be letting me down at the moment, especially once they're warm.

Tags: