Change brake light bulb - simple but no search results?

Started by ad_car_08, September 11, 2008, 15:58

ad_car_08

Hi,

Apparently I have a brake light out on my 2000 W reg MR2, and need to change it pronto before the oinks catch me and wrap my knuckles!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Unfortunately my manual appears to be water damaged or the previous owner must have got very very excited at the sheer fact of owning an MR2, as the pages are all stuck together!

How do I change the brake bulb light? Does the whole rear cluster need to come out?

I've searched for a solution on here, but the search results are just pointing me towards renewing the clusters or colouring the lens
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Anonymous

Remove the cluster would be my way, just two screws and pull.

spit

Yes, its the quickest way if you can't get to it in situ - there's less room on the pass side 'cos of the coolant reservoir.

Quote from: "Ekona"Remove the cluster would be my way, just two screws and pull.

Nearly. You need to lift the top and inner edges of the cluster clear of the bumper and pull towards the centre of the car. This angle of attack is required to dislodge the locating pin at the bottom of the outer edge (adjacaent to the wing). Once it comes off you'll see what I mean!

If you have the large lip spoiler that encroaches over the clusters, its not quite as simple as that though   s:( :( s:(
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

That's what I said, 2 screws and pull. That'll pull the locating thing out  s;) ;) s;)

ad_car_08

Brilliant, thanks for your replies.

I'll break loose Mr Screwdriver tonight &see what bulb I need!

Thanks again
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

spit

Quote from: "Ekona"That's what I said, 2 screws and pull. That'll pull the locating thing out  s;) ;) s;)

I noticed that was your preferred technique when I worked on your silver beastie recently   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Plumbers, you gotta luv 'em. But that's another story......

Good luck to you ad_car.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

the locating pin goes outboard into the wing, be careful you dont break it off by yanking on it
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: