Heated mirrors

Started by markiii, January 21, 2004, 17:15

markiii

Chaps,

folowing our discussions here

m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?p=28658#28658 m

It seems that teh celicas mirrors are nothing liek ours.

so a direct swop ain't going to work.

I've not given up hope yet though, I'm trying to get hold of a stock celica assembly to see what exactly is in there.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

As you rightfully say the celi mirrors are completely different.  The wiring inside the mirror is simply two wires connecting to two terminals on the rear of the mirror lens, the lens itself has fine wire elements running through the glass and a copper cicuit board bonded on the rear, so basically theres no 'gubbins' that could be transferred over to the two I'm afraid as the heated lens wouldnt fit our mirror housing.

markiii

bugger,

if anybody spots another vehicle withour mirrors let me know. the hunt is on.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I did consider trying to fit the Merc look-a-like mirrors on mine (the one with the inbuilt indicators on the end). Too much hassle & expense in the end for a minor mod.

Jap GT300

Mark 2 MR2!

An option on some of these or the GT version (rare) had electric foldable and heated mirrors!

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Adam

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Mark 2 MR2!

An option on some of these or the GT version (rare) had electric foldable and heated mirrors!

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Adam

mates got a MK2 turbo here at work and he has the cool folding mirrors... but just think of all that extra weight!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: