Buying second hand hardtop

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2004, 00:06

Anonymous

I'm thinking about buying a second hand hardtop but not sure what I need to do about the electrics for rear screen etc.    Am i able to just connect it up or do I need to buy any sort of converter kit??
  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:? :? s:?

Tem

The rear window defroster cable plugs right in.

But you need a lot of other stuff to fit the hardtop, check this thread:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=697 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "MarkP"I'm thinking about buying a second hand hardtop but not sure what I need to do about the electrics for rear screen etc.    Am i able to just connect it up or do I need to buy any sort of converter kit??
Are you bidding on the the ebay one currently  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "MarkP"I'm thinking about buying a second hand hardtop but not sure what I need to do about the electrics for rear screen etc.    Am i able to just connect it up or do I need to buy any sort of converter kit??
Are you bidding on the the ebay one currently  s:?: :?: s:?:

No I saw it, but before bidding thought it best to check I could actually use it.  Looks very involved though so may have to stick with the woolly hat in winter.  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Me and Markiii are fitting my retro-fit hard top this weekend. i will be doing a write up, but ive got all the parts and TBH i dont think its going to be that hard to fit.... (famous last words!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

Anonymous

I's a half hour job to put the brackets on.Very easy. If you don't buy new trim panels, cutting the old ones is the longest part of the job.

Comer

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Me and Markiii are fitting my retro-fit hard top this weekend. i will be doing a write up, but ive got all the parts and TBH i dont think its going to be that hard to fit.... (famous last words!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

Piece of p*ss to fit it Kris.  You'll probably only need Mark to help you lift it on the car   s:D :D s:D
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

ahh, mark is one of the gods when it comes to the '2 so im going there to make sure its done properly (and not a bodge by me!).

Like its been said, i think cutting the panels will be the trickiest bit, but mark has one of those dremel things so that should take 2 secs to do that!   s:D :D s:D  Cant wait now!

Comer

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"ahh, mark is one of the gods when it comes to the '2 so im going there to make sure its done properly (and not a bodge by me!).

Like its been said, i think cutting the panels will be the trickiest bit, but mark has one of those dremel things so that should take 2 secs to do that!   s:D :D s:D  Cant wait now!

I cut my panels with a cr*ppy junior hacksaw   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  and it was ok but the corners were dead straight and needed some sanding.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

kanujunkie

there is a writeup on this at spydermagazine, can't find it presently but if anyone wants it then i can e-mail it along with all the parts instructions

just pm me
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

here it is:

m http://www.spydermagazine.com/2000/Oct/ ... ardtop.htm m

Remember they got the full kit rather than the list of parts from Mr T. If you want the installation guide for the full kit, its on my web site here:

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/files/hardtop.pdf m

Anonymous

Slight topic drift, but why are you fitting a hard top this weekend Kris, the sun will be out soon!

Anonymous

not seen the weather report for next week then.... -14!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Nah, i will get it on now and take it off again in april/may. ive not had the roof down since about october/november once anyway.

Tags: