Stage 4 Turbo Setup

Started by muffdan, October 1, 2008, 00:58

muffdan

No, more to do with going around a bend and finding one of these stationary on the exit:

[Admin] Image link removed, no longer valid and Google are declaring war on links they think are unnatural [/admin]

It was filling up a residential fuel tank. Had a car queued behind it waiting to overtake. I wasn't able to stop in time. There was a little bit of contact between the three of us and then a few trees and telegraph poles weighed in too. No-one seriously hurt.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "muffdan"No, more to do with going around a bend and finding one of these stationary on the exit:

[Admin] Image link removed, no longer valid and Google are declaring war on links they think are unnatural [/admin]

It was filling up a residential fuel tank. Had a car queued behind it waiting to overtake. I wasn't able to stop in time. There was a little bit of contact between the three of us and then a few trees and telegraph poles weighed in too. No-one seriously hurt.

I always wondered how those guys get parked up safely to do deliveries ... obviously they don't!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

stargazer30

Ah, so you broke highway code rule 101, never argue with something much bigger than you are, or with alot more wheels or made by volvo.   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

muffdan

I didn't hit the truck. I clipped the car behind it, then had a off road experience! The car I clipped did then hit the truck though.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

loadswine

The insurance company must have been lightning quick for you to start dismantling at Matt's already. That's some service.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

muffdan

I haven't bothered claiming. The car is worth more in pieces!
Jason

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "muffdan"I haven't bothered claiming. The car is worth more in pieces!

In all honesty, I think this is a sensible thing to do if the car owes you nothing (or you can afford it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
I detest Insurance companies and the legalised blackmail they practice.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

loadswine

Ah, I guess the insurance will be involved in some capacity due to the other folks. One less thing to worry about though.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

muffdan

... and she still drives! Although apparently not in a very straight line!
Jason

mrzwei

Wow! Glad you're ok. Tell me that you got a Doc. to give you the once over.

There will soon be more parts for cars than cars to put them on at this rate   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Ilogik

jesus mate that looks horrible, amazed how well the soft top held out, i take it you rolled from the mud on the roof?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

markiii

Quote from: "muffdan"As it happens, I'd already started a new joint project MR2 build with SP Matt the day before the accident by collecting a car with a knackered engine. That project has now gotten itself a nice boost of readily available performance parts, and the green carcass is arriving with Matt this morning to be stripped down. Along with the JDM body kit I still have in the garage, I'm now very excited about the build. It will result in something better (although not green this time)!

good timing

you didn't bag this by any chance?  l viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38267 l
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MattPerformance

Quote from: "markiii"you didn't bag this by any chance?  l viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38267 l

Might've done...!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
I gather I'm going to be seeing you soon, bringing me some seats.  That's brill, much appreciated.

Jason's car is quite a wreck and although it's now driving (and that's a VERY loose description), it did require a few suspension parts, some ratchet straps and a full set of space savers to mobilise it.  He was, as someone said to me moments after I wrecked my car (without insurance), "very lucky".

markiii

yep no probs should be the week after next
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

Late to the party ....... but   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  The price of oil eh?

Get better sooner Jason. Savlon and Salvage FTW   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

VVT-i

Glad you're ok Jason.. now.. stop driving like an as.......... what's that word again Jason??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Good luck with the new project too m8.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

E

OMG!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  Really gutted for your car but she looked after you right to the end, glad you are OK and hope you get the new project on the road really soon.

grsymons

Blimey, that looks like quite a shunt!

Christopherathens

Wow Jason..real glad that you came out allright!! We've seen also our fair share of serious MR2 accidents here and the little b*st*rds protect us fully even though they don't look like it!

Happy to see that there is going to be another MR2 for a heart transplant!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2zz-gZe powered by J.P.Motis / WEB3.0
325.7 hp

www.mr2rotrex.blogspot.com

MR2 Club Of Greece

HodJay

Just unbelievable, glad you are ok and already starting a new project! Its upsetting to think how easy it is to get in a horrible and even life threatening situation :/ Think i'll be driving slowly around blind corners for a while! (Actually talking of this...a Honda S2000 came towards me around a blind corner in the middle of the road on Sunday and caused me to have to drive up a bank to avoid him/her...Im just glad I was driving sensibly enough and there weren't any trees etc on that bank!)
Finished hunting for my first MR2, Any advice is still MORE than welcome!! \":D\"

Anonymous

Wow how did I miss this post,what a shame to a truly great motor.  s:( :( s:(

AmeR

Good to see, despite the putting to bed of the Green Beast, that Jason is continuing to push the limits of his cars to the max with his new wheels, complete with Mods:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Curlytoppz

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  pimp my ride

Anonymous

So glad to see you walked away from this one, Dan.

Now that youve had time to reflect on your adventure, I was just wondering if you learned anything from it? I saw your car in the flesh recently, and sadly its similar to many I see in the salvage yards. Many have blood on the inside and sadly on the outside.

paulsutton

...bit late I know but **ck...you were lucky to walk away  from that
I happened to be doing a search on tte turbo and saw the pics...recognised the yellow interior straight away!

Glad ur ok
pre-facelift silver | recon engine   | SP12 wheels   |  hard top OFF | custom hard top cover | air con | pre-cat free  | che header  | facelift new red cloth seats/doorcards  | Toyota heated seat kit  | TTE twin  | TTE style bar  | rear facelift inserts  | facelift rear lights  | rear spats  | facelift front bumper | roadster luggage | toyota ducktail spoiler | facelift side vents |
Other cars - Suzuki GV1600 softtop with removable hardtops | Nissan 2.2 tdi X-trail

Tags: