Buzzing drivers door trim

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2004, 13:29

Anonymous

Hey there.

I've had a good search around to see if anyone else has reported this problem, but no-one seems to have had the same symptoms...

My drivers door has just started buzzing this week, and after much frustrated yanking on the door handle and thumping of the plastic trim below the window, I've established where it's coming from!

If I press lightly on the plastic just above the tweeter, it stops buzzing.

Anyone know if there's a guaranteed fix for this rattle? I'm almost tempted to leave it until it goes into the garage next week for other problems, and let it drive the technician mad on his test-drive!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Tim

Anonymous

Tim, I have had EXACTLY the same problem with mine since I have had the car and just put it down to one of those little "foibles" that our car seems to have.

I too would love to know the answer to this!!!

markiii

is ths all the time, or just when the stereo is on?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Not sure if there is an official solution, but I lined the inside of the door trim with flashing tape (Dynamat alternative) and I haven't had a rattle or buzz since.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"is ths all the time, or just when the stereo is on?

It happens the whole time, which is very frustrating!  Glad I'm not the only one John!

I think it's a comination of wear and tear, and also the cold weather shrinking all the plastics up... I definitely didn't have all these rattles in the summer.

Still, at least this buzzing drowns out the cup holder buzz and all the other noises!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

If the garage don't spot it and offer to rectify it for free next week, I'll get out the flashing tape and fix it myself. I'm changing the door speakers soon anyway, so will be a good time to Dynomat everything - just waiting for the stereo fault to be diagnosed at the moment - it's dropping main power and sending out noise spikes to the speakers in the process.. not what I want to happen to my new Focals!

Tim

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Not sure if there is an official solution, but I lined the inside of the door trim with flashing tape (Dynamat alternative) and I haven't had a rattle or buzz since.

Is flashing tape trhe stuff you use for sealing gutters and stuff?

Anonymous

yep thats the stuff  s;-) ;-) s;-)

My motas only 4 weeks old and I've never known so many rattles and clonks in a new mota especially with the lower profile tyres on the 17's.

The celica was like a bently in comparrison

Anonymous

normally if theres a rattle i just take the pannel of and then refit it but make sure all the clips click in adn make sure it;s all tigth!

then if it still happneds then add some dynomat around the area that rattle

Tags: