Definitive answers about Panel Filters

Started by ad_car_08, October 22, 2008, 16:52

ad_car_08

Hi,

I've been searching around for hours trying to find a clear answer as to which panel filter to buy/what would be best with a markiii pipe. I've really tried and used the search button, so please dont   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  me!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I've seen a few topics with people saying they use a K&N filter, others say to watch out for K&N filters and others which can leave an oily residue on the MAF sensor, some use a "Blitz" panel filter, others say they're poop....

I'm really feeling lost and haven't a clue what direction to head for. Please can someone put me out of my misery!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

enid_b

standard is quite good.

blitz is better, nicer sound in addition to better performance

k and N is better still, sound not so noticeable, but the performance is.

prob looking at 2-3 hp gain at best.

be careful not to overoil the k and n as it can foul the maf.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

I use a K & N with no problems, other people use TRD dry filter, to be honest it's down to what you can live with, I do keep my MAF clean any way and only lightly oil the filter when I do clean it every 6 months.

It is one of the best performance mods for the price along with the Markiii pipe.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob.

MisterK

I fitted a K&N panel filter about 12 months ago & have had no problems.  Not got a markiii pipe though, but even so car did feel better but this was probably all in the mind.  Cleaned MAF sensor a few months ago & this did make a difference so will do again.  Haven't oiled the filter yet, but have noted points made about over-oiling.  Would recommend K&N though not tried others apart from stock.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

kentsmudger

Another happy K&N customer here - Fitted mine in Feb, and cleaned the MAF then. I have just cleaned the MAF again some 10,000 miles later as I checked and it was a little discoloured but not too bad for that much use I thought.

I fitted a markiii pipe in July and the combo works well together.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

ad_car_08

Brilliant! K&N it is then! Thanks for your advice folks   s:D :D s:D
[/size]

roger

I've got a TRD oiled filter going spare + bottle of K&N oil.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I can give you details etc.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

ad_car_08

There seems to be more people using K&N panel filters than TRD - why is that?

Does the K&N have proven advantages over the TRD panel filter??
[/size]

roger

I think its just that K&N are more easily available in UK, and cheaper. And, I assume basically a TRD knock-off, since TRD would be the "official" Toyota approved.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

ad_car_08

Roger, "you got mail"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[/size]

Tags: