aerial

Started by spleenboy, November 3, 2008, 12:51

spleenboy

Hi Everyone

I've seen lots of posts about changing aerials to small beesting aerials but mine has broken and I just want to replace it for a stock model. The belt seems to have snapped so I cut that so I can raise and lower it manually as a short term fix.

However I cannot see how you access this area in order to fix it properly? I cannot get to it from the engine compartment and the only other way would be through the side vent. It all seems really difficult so I thought I would ask the hive mind of MR2 knowledge and hopefully one of you has already had to do it and can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance

Matt

aaronjb

You take out the plastic poppers and pull the arch liner out of the way, then ram your hand in there and do it all by feel.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Quote from: "aaronjb"You take out the plastic poppers and pull the arch liner out of the way, then ram your hand in there and do it all by feel.

Preferably with the wheel off   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  And you may have to take the luggage bin out as well because the cables come into the car that way.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

spleenboy

How long does it take to do without ramps?

roger

You don't need ramps. Just jack up rear off side.

To take out the whole aerial assembly back to the plugs in the cabin, from start to finish (excluding putting it all back again) about 30 minutes, say 1 hour if you are doing for the first time, though you might find you spend a good few minutes working out how to undo things.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

spleenboy

many thanks

wbarrwebster

If its the mast, you can buy a new from Mr T for about £40, just search through the aerial threads ( or even mine under arial)

Would you believe it, all that education and I get a simply word wrong!)    

B
W. B. Webster

Tags: