trd braces???

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2004, 22:50

Anonymous

are there any problems fittin a trd frt and rear braces from america???
i have heard the front brace wont fit on uk cars, is this true????

markiii

depends upon the braces

if your on about the member braces, there are no problems.

If your on about the rear strut brace there are no problems.

If your on about the front strut brace, no problems fitting, but there is a specific version for RHD cars to allow access to tehbrake fluid without taking teh brace off.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

its the strut braces not the member ones,so the frt is different.
awe well. shame cause the price was fantastic.

markiii

Jon,

A couple of things to remember.

If it's from a dealer in the US they get their stock from Japan, so in theory can get you the correct one.

If it's a private sale and the price is so good, it will fit, it's not that often you need to get to your brke fluid anyway. It just means it's a little more work when you do.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SteveJ

Careful with trying to fit a LHD front strut brace to a RHD car - some of the braces go between the centre of the towers, straight over the top of the brake reservoir, and without a cut-out in the right place they will foul the reservoir lid to the point where you may damage the reservoir.

Anonymous

you mean like this one?

the chap is asking $120 each which converts to roughly £68.00 each bar plus delivery.i asume that is a good price??

markiii

regular price seems to be approx $220

the rhd from japanparts is £150.19

As per the picture it clears the brake fluid. So if your happy to remove it as and when you need to to. Which will be very infrequenly then go for it.

Anonymous

Is this brace a one off private affair, or are they for general sale ?
I have no problem having to remove the brace when access to the brake resevoir is required.  would appreciate any info available - thanks

GREG   s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Be careful Jon, the US cars have their brake fluid res in a different place to ours... Adam had a Pelican Racing brace which pretty much mirrors the TRD job, and that wouldn't fit his or my cars, as the brace pushed down on the res and would have needed it to be lower by about an inch to actually fit flat across the struts.

If you look at your pic, you can see their res is on the opposite side to ours, and seems to sit a lot lower. The fact the RHD version has the cut out speaks volumes....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Here's the UK/JP version:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

any suggestions chaps on best and cheapest place to purchase from????
frt and back but mainly frt for now.

mph

I wouldn't worry about the rear strut bar. Ever since the turbo went in, I've had the RSB off as it interferred with some of the pipework. Can't say I've noticed any adverse effect.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

markiii

just to clarify that, Martin took off teh TRD strut and replaced it with stock. He's not running without any strut bar.

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"just to clarify that, Martin took off the TRD strut and replaced it with stock. He's not running without any strut bar.

I didn't notice any difference when I replaced my stock rear bar with TRD's either...maybe it did something and maybe few laps against clock would tell it, but my butt can't tell them from each other.

Slacey

That Japanese VCD I got did an autox run with a stock car (then a load of others), and at the end of the video it runs again with all the TRD braces on (as an advertisement of sorts), the car ran the course 1 or 2 seconds quicker.

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"all the TRD braces on

Yeah, it's easy to tell that the front STB and member braces make a huge difference...it's just the rear STB that doesn't. IMHO of course.

(any chance to get that video online?  s;) ;) s;) )

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"(any chance to get that video online?  s;) ;) s;) )
No; but it is easy enough to.... send out to people  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: