Confirmation of belt tensioner please?

Started by ad_car_08, November 7, 2008, 14:42

ad_car_08

Hi,

I've searched the forums to see if I can diagnose what noise I'm hearing from my engine.

(Quick bit of background - Bought car in Aug 08, removed precats, oil & oil filter change (oil level doesn't seem to be going down/no problems there) in Aug 08, fitted TRD panel filter and markiii inlet pipe @end of Oct 08)

only a matter of about 2 days ago, I parked on the drive, opened the door to tickle the accelerator to see if I could hear any difference now the markiii is installed, but I heard a kind of clicking or tapping noise coming from the engine bay. Only seems to do it when the engine is at normal operating temp (needle in the middle of gauge) though, because I can't hear it when I jump in to go to work in the morning.

My immediate reaction was that it's the chain tensioner, but I've searched the forums for "tensioner" but all I can find are people reporting they can hear the noise all the time, whether the engine be hot or cold.

I'm not asking for lengthy answers, because I know I'll get told to use the search button!! I just wanted to know if this sounds like the chain tensioner to you guys or whether I should investigate something else....just so I'm not researching the wrong thing, then I'll continue my quest for answers!

Thanks in advance  s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Anonymous

Here you go, one of the many areas that can cause what you described.

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21860&hilit=pulley l

Rob

ad_car_08

Brilliant, thanks FGRob
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Tags: