Toyota have damaged my car by improper jacking

Started by Anonymous, January 24, 2004, 22:52

Anonymous

Well..........

Car went in for it's 1st (yes 1st !!!!) service at the end of December last year. All seemed to be in order........... until today.

I washed the car for the 1st time this year (due to work commitments) and noticed a small crease near the bottom of the rear wheel arch. The bas***ds have used the bottom of the rear wings to jack the car up. Both sides have the same problem and also have an indent on the underside where the 4 poster rig lifted the car.

I ask you !!!! Total bunch of monkies. I will be going round Monday afternoon to ask for the wings to be removed / re-shaped / and touched up as required.

I don't really want a new panel because all panels are indentified with the VIN number of the car or a full re-spray as they will probably cock that up aswell.

I think that the rear wings come off without a problem (for servicing) and shouldn't break the finish paint coat.

Puggman

Anonymous

Muppets!

You have me worried now, will check mine tomorrow as its just been in for its first service too!

Anonymous

It is no consolation but this is not unknown. It is my No.1 concern when I hand the car over and I feel like an over-protective idiot asking the dealer if they know how to lift a MR2 but others experience leaves me cold ...

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7209

Anonymous

no need to craige ! as mark kass put them up on ramps or the larger lifts !

never jack !   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  well thast what they say and i have never sean them jack a car up

Anonymous

Excellnet, nice one Dave!.

Hows the exams going anyway (drift...whoops)

Anonymous

as were ont the drift LOL

all finished and went V well i will post the results when i get them but now im looking for a Flat or house   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Hats off to Toyota,

They have agreed to repair the damage, give me a car for 2 days and also replace both rear lights and all 4 wheels under warranty.

I also found out that they replaced the rear discs under warranty during the 10k service, hence the rear wheels were jacked up. They didn't tell me this at the time.

Puggman

Anonymous

Blimey!!! Result!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   No arguments? I am well impressed.........

Pity they couldn't have avoided the damge in the first place........muppets...........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

Yes, I can't complain.

Ok, they made a mistake (lets face it..... we all do from time to time), but at least they have the honesty to repair the wing. Although, I would have preferred them to own up at the time of the service.

I will now order my new Toyos from mytyres.net and get Toyota to fit them onto the new rims, saving me £40. Call it a little compensation for the trouble. I also asked the service manager for new rims, not re-conditioned. He seemed to wonder how I knew of the re-conditioned rims, but I didn't enlighten him.

Anyway, the moral of the storey is ask your service department if they know how to jack a MR2 with both the car's scissor jack and also a trolley jack. I would suggest that a trolley jack should only be positioned under the central jacking points and typical 4 poster lifting rig is a no no ? ... comments please.

See this link for details :-
http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=856&highlight=jack

Anonymous

Quote from: "puggman"I don't really want a new panel because all panels are indentified with the VIN number of the car

All new body parts (bonnet, wings, bumpers) get a sticker with the VIN.  

Trust me, I know   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Well then........

Dropped my 2 at the garage this morning.

Looking forward to getting the new wheel rims and testing the Toyos, but not looking forward to the (almost certainly) botched repair job.

Here's hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the repair, But..................................
I'll keep you posted.

Puggman

Tags: