Oil changes cat.converter etc

Started by Lady UK, January 26, 2004, 11:14

Lady UK

s:? :? s:?   Hi,

As a lady owner driver of the MK3 could someone enlighten me please on the oil services which I believe to be every 12,000 miles.

Car is now coming up four years old in March this year and I was warned to keep an eye on the oil and its colour due to cat/problems.

Would like to know more info about the cat/conv/problems, anything that I need to keep an eye on re the car and maintainence, servicing etc.

Car has been owned by me for the last six months and is due for a service being done this week.  I need to know when the big services (A, B, C) should need to be done not just rely on the garage and its own assumptions! and what to ask them to check specifically if there might be anything that could be overlooked especially on the minor services!

Any info is much appreciated.  Many thanks everyone!
  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Services are every 10k or 1 year, which ever is sooner.

You have an interim service, then a full service, then an interim service etc etc, so if your not near 40k on the clock and its coming up to 4 years then it will be a full service you want.

Anonymous

Follow the servicing guide in the manual and Kris has already mentioned the info there on oil changes.

QuoteCar is now coming up four years old in March this year and I was warned to keep an eye on the oil and its colour due to cat/problems.

Would like to know more info about the cat/conv/problems, anything that I need to keep an eye on re the car and maintainence, servicing etc.

If you are worried consider checking out Toyota's extended warranty but if they won't cover it or it is too expensive, all you can really do is keep an eye on the pre-cats which requires a few tools or ask your Toyota dealer to check when in for a service.

Tags: