Turbo Supercharger

Started by AC, November 28, 2008, 23:23

AC

Erm, has anybody seen the following listed on e-bay?   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-Supercharger-Toyota-Starlet-Roadster-Previa-MR2_W0QQitemZ160301453060QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item160301453060&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Now I may have slipped into a parrallel universe here but I can't help thinking this is a joke  s:?: :?: s:?:    So I'll continue with this line of thinking.  I am considering buying two, getting out my plastic spanner, socket and screwdriver set, a couple of empty toilet roll centres (for the plumbing of course (but yes the thought of these two puppies has had me all excited  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )) and taking the next two weeks of work to perform the installation.  I reckon I can then lay claim to at least a 1000hp and the first owner of a twin 'Turbo Supercharger' 2 Roadster  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   What do we think??? Anybody want to trump me and go for 3.......

On a more serious note, this weekend is (hopefully and weather permitting) death of the Pre-Cats  s:D :D s:D   Have managed to loosen all 5 manifold nuts, have bought 5 new studs and nuts plus manifold gasket and cat pipe gaskets from Mr T (3 amigos replaced a couple of weeks ago after the joint split following Magnex back fitment, so these should live on) and have usual array of tools.  Just wondered if anybody out there has any last tips?

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

ChrisGB

Like a joke, but less funny. Have been discussed here and every other car forum and consensus by educated folks is that it wont work.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Tem

The only electric supercharger that has been known to work is an actual supercharger, with the pulley replaced with 3 starter motors. Draws a huge current and only works for short periods at a time.

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Gif

Pre-Cats  -  Wear a good quality dusk mask and disposable gloves when taking the insides out.  The ceramic gets everywhere and the fibreglass wadding does too.
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"The only electric supercharger that has been known to work is an actual supercharger, with the pulley replaced with 3 starter motors. Draws a huge current and only works for short periods at a time.

Also weighs a 'ton'...

Tags: