Worried about Mr T incompetence

Started by 1bloke1dog1mr2, December 4, 2008, 13:30

1bloke1dog1mr2

Right, I'm after a bit of advice really. Just had my stereo bracket/loom recall sorted out plus the timing chain tensioner replaced.

They've put a tenner in my car for the inconvenience. Great, job done.

Drove back to work (cold engine, 2 miles tops), popped the lid to check everything's alright and find the right hand side (as you look at it) O2 sensor plug just hanging loose  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    

I've plugged it back in immediately (no CEL... yet), but what I need to know is, will this have caused problems on a short journey? And is it worth phoning them to tell them in case I have repercussions? It's my word against there's I know but it's a bloody good job I know a bit about the car!!!!

Makes me wonder why I keep going there, shame the next Mr T is 50 miles away but it looks like it may be worth going there in the future.

SimonC_Here

I don't think it would have caused you any long term problems on such a short journey. I don't think the car even notices them until they warm up enough!
Phone them and complain. See if you can get another tenner!

I wonder if you went for the "I don't know anything about cars but shouldn't this plug be attached somewhere" what response you would get!

Simon

roger

Yes, give it a go.

Good job you noticed it, because I'm sure you would be getting a CEL at some stage, and with it all the worries that brings. Toyota may even have charged you £40+ to read the CEL and bluff their way out of their incompetence.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

rmowbray

Numptys!

You shouldn't have any long term issues though, the engine has to be up close to normal temperature before it takes notice of the O2 sensors.

Tags: