Which exhaust, lets see yours??

Started by Anonymous, December 17, 2008, 00:36

Anonymous

Im just new to the club. Just sold my 106 gti after seeing the light of mr2roc  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:D :D s:D  . Im In the middle of getting money together to buy my own '2 and the first thing im planning is chaning the exhaust system. I want something with a good burble and top end   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   so any suggestions and pictures would be really appreciated! cheers

uktotty

Welcome to the club, lots of exhausts in the search facility.
 l search.php l ?

onion86

Yup, best thing to do is search, I know there's a lot of them on here.

As an idea, try blue flame, janspeed and TTE exhausts for starters.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Anonymous

Or..........................CLICKY(with sound clip further down)  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Go for Janspeed, ive just got mine and its awesome   s:D :D s:D   Here is a vid:  m http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Ny-QDVS2s m

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys guys...craig that is a sexhaust is ever i heard 1   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   Has anyone got a sound clip of the cobra sport?

Anonymous

Anonymous

^ is there anything you dont know  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   thanks again, ur janspeed is amazing compared to that! what is ur setup craig??  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

markiii

for comparison there is a load of exhaust clips in teh library
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

blahpony

Here is my TTE the day it was put in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHC9VJ1xQzg

Useless trivia : This video was shot by the famous Dev. His Spyder makes a cameo near the end.

Anonymous

Quote from: "wickmr2"^ is there anything you dont know  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   thanks again, your janspeed is amazing compared to that! what is your setup craig??  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
I have a top speed manifold with the janspeed downpipe and exhaust   s:D :D s:D

kentsmudger

Hayward & Scott, stock manifold and cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g7xZ5mDjQE
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Tem

This is what I had before Top Secret:
 m http://koti.mbnet.fi/temmeke/MR-S/PPEMartelius.wav m

Sorry, no pics online...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "craig_tf"Go for Janspeed, ive just got mine and its awesome   s:D :D s:D   Here is a vid:  m http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Ny-QDVS2s m

Mmm....very sexy Craig    s:D :D s:D

Innocent

I've got TTE (same as Remus) which looks great and has a really nice burble when you push through the lower revs, but isn't very loud at the top end. Think if it was de-catted it would be perfect.

Anonymous

So overall what would people say is the best option for a low end burble and good top end?? or just the best option for noise?   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  so many options  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

markiii

H&S everytime, or Team Moon if the exhachange rate wasn;t so bad
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

you could always go for a custom design as well, i put mine through the bodywork as a side exit
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

any1 got a video with H&S setup?? and have you got any pics of that side exit, sounds goood?

Anonymous

There is already a link for the H&S above

Anonymous

Zero manifold, SP de-cat pipe and a Blueflame custom twin - sounds spot on to me every time I drive it:D Especially over 5000 rpm  s8) 8) s8)  

Rob

kanujunkie

Quote from: "wickmr2"and have you got any pics of that side exit, sounds goood?

no point in showing the internals as it was connected to a turbo setup, but its easy to do for a good exhaust shop, only other thing you have to do is to install a set of kirks to stop the block moving so much
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

nice  s8) 8) s8)  ...hey rob do you have any sound clips of youre set up?

Anonymous

Quote from: "wickmr2"nice  s8) 8) s8)  ...hey rob do you have any sound clips of youre set up?

Hi wickmr2

No I don't, but there are a few people who have been in it, so maybe they can tell you, or if you are close to the Midlands you can always come and have a listen.

Any way this is what it looks like:

Rear shot

Actual Blueflame box

Zeron Manifold

Zero fiited with heatshield

SP de-cat pipe - well what you can see from the top.

kentsmudger

Quote from: "wickmr2"any1 got a video with H&S setup?? and have you got any pics of that side exit, sounds goood?

Some exhaust sound clips in the library
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Tags: