your views required on what to do next

Started by Anonymous, December 24, 2008, 13:35

Anonymous

everything i have done to my car is listed in my signature. i have got the tein springs but not fitted yet. was planning on doing more bracing next but have been looking at anti roll bars and uprated links. any suggestions as to the next modification for no more than £300.

Anonymous

I've just bought some instructed laps around Thruxton in a Porsch for less than £100. Just a thought if you get really stuck; although with your stage of mods you must be thinking turbo at some point.

nyeregis

More info on your Thruxton deal please.
Lagoon blue, hardtop, Corky\'s, Hass turbo, E Manage, A/C. Kirks.

roger

Or a Unichip, about that price S/H. Depending on the car it was on and matching yours, you might be able to get away without a tune.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

VVT-i

I would do the anti-roll bars.. good mod... I got the following Whiteline parts fitted to mine, part numbers included to aid your search for the best price.

BTR81Z - Front swaybar £135 (incl VAT)

BTR84Z - Rear swaybar £135

W0007 - universal swaybar link pack £8

KCA414 - Adjustable camber bolt kit 14mm £43

KCA415 - Adjustable camber bolt kit 15mm £46

KLC40/195 - Link kit universal ball joint 195/122MM £93

Altogether (with Poly bushes) just under £500 fully fitted with the full geometrics set for a neutral setup
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sandstrain"I've just bought some instructed laps around Thruxton in a Porsch for less than £100. Just a thought if you get really stuck; although with your stage of mods you must be thinking turbo at some point.

the thruxton thing sounds fantastic could you pm me some info on this. people say that once you have drove a 911 you become hooked for life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"Or a Unichip, about that price S/H. Depending on the car it was on and matching yours, you might be able to get away without a tune.

i have got a unichip. it makes the 2 much better to drive with the extra low down torque.

Anonymous

Quote from: "VVT-i"I would do the anti-roll bars.. good mod... I got the following Whiteline parts fitted to mine, part numbers included to aid your search for the best price.

BTR81Z - Front swaybar £135 (incl VAT)

BTR84Z - Rear swaybar £135

KCA414 - Adjustable camber bolt kit 14mm £43

KCA415 - Adjustable camber bolt kit 15mm £46

KLC40/195 - Link kit universal ball joint 195/122MM £93

Altogether (with Poly bushes) just under £500 fully fitted with the full geometrics set for a neutral setup

was looking at the adjustable camber stuff because i have just got the tein s tech springs but was going to see what it was like first. i bet your car is good fun to drive now. i remember seeing it at the cheshire camping trip. i didnt really speak to anyone (bit shy) but it was good to look at some other 2's. need to come on some more meets and get to know everyone

Anonymous

i have decided that the things to choose from are
* front member brace
* anti roll bars
* trd quickshift

which do you think makes the most enjoyable difference?

i have also read about people uprating the arb links to two's r us ones. how much of a difference does this make?

markiii

quikshift
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

Unichip is fab

VVT-i

I have no experiance with a quickshift.. so going by my personal experiance I would have to say that value for money AND the difference it made I would have to say the Whiteline bars etc.. was a world of difference to the cars handling (coupled with a full geometric adjustment) I also have the Tien S Tech Springs fitted so at least you will know they all go together alright.

Oh!.. and don't be so shy... next time a meet comes up near you.. get along to it, the Cheshire trip was the first time I had met everyone with a few exceptions, and everyone is as friendly and outgoing as you could possibly be.... except for a few exceptions lol  s;) ;) s;)  joking..

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

Quote from: "VVT-i"I have no experiance with a quickshift.. so going by my personal experiance I would have to say that value for money AND the difference it made I would have to say the Whiteline bars etc.. was a world of difference to the cars handling (coupled with a full geometric adjustment) I also have the Tien S Tech Springs fitted so at least you will know they all go together alright.

Oh!.. and don't be so shy... next time a meet comes up near you.. get along to it, the Cheshire trip was the first time I had met everyone with a few exceptions, and everyone is as friendly and outgoing as you could possibly be.... except for a few exceptions lol  s;) ;) s;)  joking..

i have read a lot of good reveiws about the quickshift. do you not fancy one of these. in theory with your mods (turbo) it should make even more difference due to the effect the quicker change would have on spool

Kool PT

the quickshift is possibly my favourite mod, have a look in my sig for what i've got.

i notie that you seem to be focussed on performance mods in this thread, but having looked at the pics of your two I personally reckon it's begging to have facelifted side vents & rear grill inserts.

performance wise, it might be cheaper and easier to get in on custardavenger's front member brace group buy. these are 'similar' to the TOMS part which is widely accepted as being the ultimate chassis bracing. furthermore with a pre-03 model your stock bracing at current won't even be as good as a stock facelift model. i haven't modified my ARBs but i would say that opinion seems to be divided on these.
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

VVT-i

Quote from: "liamr2"i have read a lot of good reveiws about the quickshift. do you not fancy one of these. in theory with your mods (turbo) it should make even more difference due to the effect the quicker change would have on spool

I'm in two minds about fitting one... 1 mind (mine) says yes... the other mind (which I think belongs to the man from Delmonte... well.. maybe not him ) she say no!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   not at the moment.  s:) :) s:)

I think next on my list could be an oil cooler kit of somesort.

Anonymous

Quote from: "nyeregis"More info on your Thruxton deal please.

goto  w www.thruxtonracing.co.uk w

Anonymous

Quote from: "sandstrain"
Quote from: "nyeregis"More info on your Thruxton deal please.

goto  m http://www.thruxtonracing.co.uk m
wish i lived closer  s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

Your car is an '00, so it doesn't have "member braces".  Corky sells better versions of these.

Anonymous

update on progress! .my tein s tech springs are in for sale section.
i have now got my hands on a used trd sportivo set which has solved a lot of problems:
# my car will be lower
# it will have the stiffer springs (not too stiff at front)
# i wont have to worry about the added stress on the stock dampers
# it will have the uprated anti-roll bars
# the kit has already been set up and tuned for the car/roads so i know it will do "exactly what it says on the tin"

i have also got a trd front member brace. just fitted my new momo team 300mm steering wheel. it takes a bit of getting used to but it makes driving even more enjoyable.

just a few more questions:

will i need uprated arb links?
who does them apart from two's r us? (shipping!)
how much am i looking at paying for some?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

VVT-i

Quote from: "liamr2"will i need uprated arb links?

You don't need the uprated links but certainly no harm in doing so if they are still as cheap as when I got mine made up from Whiteline UK...

Don't quote me on the part number.. it could well be a universal part, when I got mine done it was something that they had never done before and they were made up to suit, all it is is a threaded bar cut to lenght with the joints added to each end.

Anonymous

Quote from: "VVT-i"
Quote from: "liamr2"will i need uprated arb links?

You don't need the uprated links but certainly no harm in doing so if they are still as cheap as when I got mine made up from Whiteline UK...

Don't quote me on the part number.. it could well be a universal part, when I got mine done it was something that they had never done before and they were made up to suit, all it is is a threaded bar cut to lenght with the joints added to each end.
so what is the difference between these from whiteline and the ones from twos r us?

VVT-i

No idea. I've never seen the 2's r us ones.. but here is a piccy of the whiteline ones (I only got rear ones)

Perhaps someone has a piccy of the 2's r us links?

Anonymous

so is that £8 for each one?
do they do both front and rear?
they look very good thanks for photo

Tags: