Toysport

Started by dreambackup, January 28, 2004, 07:33

dreambackup

Anyone knows them?

I've found a very interesting line on their webpages

http://www.toysport.com/webpages/WebUpdates/Catalog/Toyotaet/ENGINE20LIST20MARCH202002.htm

The line i'm talking about:

(in the "PREPARED ENGINES - 0 MILES - WITH CORE EXCHANGE" category)

1ZZFE 1800 TURBO FORGED PISTONS     $2,500.00

Need I say more?  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "dreambackup"Anyone knows them?

Yeah. Good place, but pretty expensive.

Also, I hope you noticed this line: "WITH CORE EXCHANGE"

Means you should ship your 1ZZ to them first and then pay the $2500 for the engine. After you count in shipping both ways and probable taxes, I think you're better off just buying a set of forged pistons to your current engine  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dreambackup

Yes, I notices the "core exchange" line!

But this means that a turbo set up with forged pistons is not that expensive... Or I am totally wrong?

I was just wondering if they are related to Toyota (about any kind of warranty)...
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

markiii

sort of, I doubt that price actually includes teh turbo.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"sort of, I doubt that price actually includes the turbo.

It doesn't.

It's just an engine prepared for turbo. Probably including forged pistons and possibly some rods and other bits. They would know best, but I'm sure it doesn't include turbo, manifold, IC, any piping or any fuel/controls...

(that's the case with their turbo prepared 4A-GE's anyway, I can't see why 1ZZ would be any different)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: