2ZZ here i come

Started by Jap GT300, January 28, 2004, 14:24

Jap GT300

Well I've still not driven it, but all i'm waiting on now is the Gearbox shaft to arrive back from the US.

I have made all the nessessary adjustments to the wiring loom and filled it all with oil and coolant.  I fixed a couple of leaks, nothing serious.

It starts up okay and is very loud at the moment.  I must plug those O2 holes!

The engine dies as soon as I try and rev it because I have not wired in the TPS.  I'm trying to find the location for these three wires on the ECU and then it will be complete.

Anonymous

Adam the TPS wires do not go to the ECU directly.  Talk to Blitzo I am sure he can help you.

Jap GT300

Hi CIN

Blitzo has told me to put the TPS to the ECU.  TPS are VC and VTA pins 2 and 23 on connector C. It uses the E2 gnd on connector C, but shares this gnd with a bunch of other sensors.

Do you know which colour is which?

Thanks Adam

DAZ400

Adam that is exactly what mine was doing, It is now fixed but they have not changed anything just stripped and re-assembled my throttle body, Guess I could have had a bad connection possibly.
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Jap GT300

Hmm worth looking at.  I've also got to give the MAF and single O2 a good clean.

markiii

talking of MAF 1zz or 2zz?

2zz diameter intake pipe I take it?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Jap GT300

Either, they are identical and have the same part number. I have 2.75 intake piping.  1ZZ is 2.5!

markiii

rules that out then  s:-( :-( s:-(
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Jap GT300

Remember on the diagram we couldn't find an IGT4 well there definately isn't a cable for iton the ECU.

I'm going to plug the SMT in to see if there is a difference.

Jap GT300

Hi Grant,

Do you remember when converting the TPS from SMT (4 wire) to Manual (3 wire) if you accounted for the butterfly control to open in the right direction or did you just do it in the 1ZZ format?

Thanks Adam

GSB

Adam,

I cant remember,  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   but if you want a definitive answer, and a hand getting it running, I'm free on Sunday? I can pop over any time.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

OK, I can't help myself any longer!   s:) :) s:)  

Is there a progress report, finished it yet?

Cheers
Andy

Slacey

Quote from: "Andy S"Is there a progress report, finished it yet?
You should have come to JAE and seen it running in the flesh!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Andy S"Is there a progress report, finished it yet?
You should have come to JAE and seen it running in the flesh!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Guess that answers my question!  I'll have to start looking for a 2ZZ in a couple of years, after the warranty!!

Anonymous

I should also have read the JAE report as well - I've not had much time for hanging around here recently.  Sorry!

Andy

Jap GT300

Unfortunately there wasn't an official unveiling as it was only finished in the early hours last Saturday and then driven straight up to JAE.

I will get some final pictures posted up!

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I have now removed the wiring loom from the 1zz so that it can be modified as per blitzo's instructions.

I never realised it was so complex and had so many sensors.

Happen to have this pic somewhere?  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I have now removed the wiring loom from the 1zz so that it can be modified as per blitzo's instructions.

I never realised it was so complex and had so many sensors.

m http://www.gt-international.com/MR2ROC/1zzloom.JPG m

Do you still have this pic? Could you upload it somewhere or email to me?  s8) 8) s8)

Jap GT300

Ah ha, it took me a while

m http://www.angelfire.com/space/mr-s/2zz ... npage.html m

If you save the picture to your desktop it should increase in size.

Tem

Thanks!  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: