key re-sync

Started by Anonymous, January 29, 2004, 08:58

Anonymous

has anybody had to have one of their car keys re-sync for remote locking of their mr2??

not sure if mines is the battery or out of sync. hopefully the batterys just ran out but if not just wondering how much its costs to have a re-sync??

cheers

alan

Slacey

Probably just the battery - I found my spare keys (never been used) a few days ago, replaced the battery and they still worked.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

if you have the mr-s type system then try this (its halfway down the page)
http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2197&highlight=alarm
if you have a uk style in the key style system then can you tell me when you find out

thanx   s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

hopefully that will be the case although the red led still flashes when pressing it but doesnt open the doors   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

you can check if its a problem with the car as such (fuse) by opening the doors manually with the key (alarm goes off but not for long) and turning on the ignition, if the dials work then your ok as they are on the same fuse on the roadster.

To reset a key on a UK car is a weird arrangement, it involves a combination of key pressing and door opening in a set series ie press, open, shut, open, press,press, open , shut etc etc.   My celica only had one key when I bought it so they had to program a new one, it took them all of 5 mins.  

As for cost I wasnt charged so I couldnt tell you i'm afraid

kanujunkie

i've got an old corrolla key(forgot to give it back when i got the 2  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) but can the inside transponder be added and what is the correct sequence
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

mph

Mine sometimes fails to lock (err, like this morning). I end up locking the doors by hand and going into the office. After about ten mins I just retry the central locking, staring out from the warmth of the office and the car happily locks. Odd.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"what is the correct sequence

Only toyota know that I'm afraid, they had to look up my car model, year and month etc to find the right combination

Tags: