Serious problems - 2 months out of warranty!

Started by Anonymous, January 29, 2004, 10:24

Anonymous

Well, as my signature says, I've had a "woo" kind of noise coming from the front for some months now.
Recently however, it's become more of a fast "chug chug chug" whilst cornering... most disconcerting!

Finally managed to book it into Mr T to be examined yesterday... and as I suspected, the noise is due to the front wheel bearings. One is completely knackered, and the other one is on it's way out too!!  

Even worse, is that apparently the bearings can't just be replaced, the whole wheel hub assembly has to be changed.. both sides!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

On top of all this, my clattering belt tensioner has finally been diagnosed, but only because I pointed it out AGAIN to them..

I was told last night that the warranty is 3 years, and that I'm expected to foot the bill for these repairs.. I can't imagine it'll be cheap!

After I voiced my objection, to their credit the dealer is going to discuss the matter with Toyota and get back to me - do you think I have a pretty strong case? Wheel bearings don't just detonate.. it must have been wearing out for months, and surely there would have been some indication of wear at the 40k service they performed 7000 miles ago? Especially as I had new discs all round under warranty then, so they were up close and personal with the hubs anyway.

Likewise the belt tensioner, as we all know it's a common issue, I think this should have been repaired without me having to ask!

I'd be grateful for your thoughts, I'm just 2 months out of warranty!

Tim

markiii

belt tensioner has a tsb out so I ouldn't expect that to be a problem.

As far as the other, you only need to notify them of the problem within warranty, not have it fixed. Sounds lke you did that so it's their problem.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: