Which size camber bolts?

Started by Kool PT, February 3, 2009, 16:21

Kool PT

Noticed that one of my rear wheels has excessive wear on the outside so think I need to adjust alignment. Just wondered why there were 2 sizes of whiteline camber/'crash' bolts and which one I need?

I'm running standard 15"s all around, with Tein springs.
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Kool PT

PS are there any additional benefits in going for Che's camber adjusting arms?

I think they are called "rear track arms"

Tem

Quote from: "Kool PT"Just wondered why there were 2 sizes of whiteline camber/'crash' bolts and which one I need?

IIRC, there were three OEM adjustment bolts and a combination of them resulted in even more camber corrections.

You really should check your camber, before guessing which ones you need.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Kool PT

so get an alignment check locally first you mean?

markiii

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Kool PT"Just wondered why there were 2 sizes of whiteline camber/'crash' bolts and which one I need?

IIRC, there were three OEM adjustment bolts and a combination of them resulted in even more camber corrections.

You really should check your camber, before guessing which ones you need.

true but they are all just smaller bolts, they have no means to lock them in place
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kool PT"PS are there any additional benefits in going for Che's camber adjusting arms?

I think they are called "rear track arms"

Save yourself some money, get the Megan or Che arms first - I prefer Megan  s:D :D s:D  , fit them roughly to the size of the one's you have pulled off, then go for a alignment check for final adjustment.

One big advantage is it removes the inner rubber joint with a very nice tight pillow ball joint, which reduces flex in the back wheel alignment.

Rob.

Kool PT

Thanks Rob, I like the look of the che ones. no doubt the megan ones are superior but for a hundred quid a pair the che ones look like they would do the job.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kool PT"Thanks Rob, I like the look of the che ones. no doubt the megan ones are superior but for a hundred quid a pair the che ones look like they would do the job.

I'm not sure to be honest, but both will give you the same benefit  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

The only tie bar you can't really adjust on the car is the rear toe adjuster arm, you just can't get to the locking nut.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Rob.

Kool PT

Do you still  have that picture of the megan ones side by side with stock? saw it earlier today but can't for the life of me recall which thread.

cheers

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kool PT"Do you still  have that picture of the megan ones side by side with stock? saw it earlier today but can't for the life of me recall which thread.

cheers

Yep here you go :

Here's one of the front and middle one's fitted:

And this is the latest with all three fitted.

Thanks
Rob.

Tags: