light came on ?

Started by alancdavis, February 8, 2009, 12:33

alancdavis

Just had a light come on on the dash,,,,,righthand clock,,,,,,three lights at the bottom,,,,the one that came on looks like a little engine,,,,,what is this ment to show ??
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Tem

Quote from: "alancdavis"Just had a light come on on the dash,,,,,righthand clock,,,,,,three lights at the bottom,,,,the one that came on looks like a little engine,,,,,what is this ment to show ??

That's the CEL/Check Engine Light, which indicates dozens of issues and you should get the error code read before guessing anything.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

alancdavis

Oh dear,,,,how do I do that ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

MR2 New Boy

You need to find someone local who has a code reader. Lots of members have them and there is a list on the forum.
MrT will also read it for you but will charge about £50  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

If you are in York I think the closest member with a reader is Wabbitkilla (not sure how close that is though)

Anonymous

I have a similar light that comes on (Red) but this seems to go out once the engine is running, is this serious also?

MR2 New Boy

Les as far as I know if the engine light is red then is is VERY Serious and the car should not be driven (mrT told me this). However if the light is not staying on then I'm not sure what the problem is. How long does it take before it goes out?

Are you sure it is the engine light and not the oil light?

Tem

Quote from: "Les"I have a similar light that comes on (Red) but this seems to go out once the engine is running, is this serious also?

There is no red engine light.

Alternator light? Oil pressure light? You really should check your owners manual about these.  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kentsmudger

?
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

enid_b

Quote from: "kentsmudger"?

i dont get it kent?

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

Quote from: "enid_b"
Quote from: "kentsmudger"?

i dont get it kent?

E

What is she pulling?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Les"
Quote from: "enid_b"
Quote from: "kentsmudger"(Pilates.pic)?

i dont get it kent?

E

What is she pulling?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Exactly!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Tags: