Uprated/aftermarket shocks discussion

Started by Kool PT, February 23, 2009, 12:07

markiii

whats teh price difference?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

That link is the same people i bought mine from   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Give them a ring and check out what you get.
I'm pretty sure mine came with pillow ball front tops, but the rears look suspiciously like hardened rubber (which they failed to tell me about)  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Saying that, handling is exceptional
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

ChrisGB

I believe the BCs I got from Waltermotorsports in the USA came with pillowball tops front and rear. There is a noticeable increase in road / tyre noise from this (particularly at the rear) but not to the point of being intrusive.

Be aware of the spring rates. The BCs when I ordered had a range of spring rates available:

4/6Kg/mm F/R
6/8Kg/mm F/R
8/10Kg /mm F/R

I went with the 4/6 as this gave the closest balance to the original springs, but is still twice as hard as the originals. On a rough road it can be a bit intense. I would imagine the harder spring options being a bit much for UK roads. Mine have so far been trouble free, the only minor gripe being that the chromed camber adjuster plates in the tops of the front struts have pitted. The ride is firm, but the handling, reduction in roll, adjustability on the limit and hugely improved responsiveness more than make up for it. Handling is now neutral with easy access to oversteer if you want it. Best of all is it is now much easier to accurately alter the car's balance on the throttle.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Kool PT

and nicks are 5/7 f/r...hmm
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Wabbitkilla

With mine you want to avoid potholes - definitely.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Kool PT

just had a look at the site and they say that fronts are pillowball and rears are rubber.

m http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/vehicle-chec ... D=100#info m

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kool PT"just had a look at the site and they say that fronts are pillowball and rears are rubber.

m http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/vehicle-chec ... D=100#info m

Tein's are the same, can't see much point having pillow ball on the back, they don't move much, it's only the fronts that rotate needing that type of rigidity.

Rob.

Wabbitkilla

PT if you come to the ding day you'll have the chance to experience both Teins and BC's, and probably something else with the selection of cars that will be there   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Or i can give Rob a rid in my car and see how he thinks the BCs compare to the Teins.
There're also the K-Sport coilovers available from the same place as the BC's, but they admitted themselves that the k-Sports are a lot harder and more track oriented.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Or i can give Rob a rid in my car and see how he thinks the BCs compare to the Teins.

s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Wabbitkilla

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Kool PT

update, i'm not in a financial position to purchase coilovers now and shocks are really worn. think i'll pick up a set this month and get them fitted next month.

has anyone used camskill's oem spec shocks @ £253 per set of 4?

is there anything cheaper or a similar price where club members can get a discount?

Cheers

markiii

seriously I;d get teh koni insetr sat £85 each
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Kool PT

it's virtually bc coilovers money once you factor in the labour required & money back from selling on the tein springs though.

Anonymous

excuse me
but the kayaba isn't the oem, which are only oil..they are oil and gas and are 10% more stiff

many people use they with tein spring or tanabe spring on italian club mr2..and they are very happy

excuse for mmy english

where are you take the koni for only $85???? i'm very interested

Kool PT

Think I'm gonna seriously consider the ksport coilovers that propex are offerig, at 500 quid delivered and with various spring rates on option it makes sense to me.

Anonymous

I really want that group biu as i need suspension now but heres another link i found which looks pretty special  m http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/br-series-coilovers.asp m  pretty new to the english market but big in drifting and racing they get very good reviews  m http://www.ek9.org/forum/suspension/109 ... eview.html m .

markiii

Quote from: "hanger"excuse me
but the kayaba isn't the oem, which are only oil..they are oil and gas and are 10% more stiff

many people use they with tein spring or tanabe spring on italian club mr2..and they are very happy

excuse for mmy english

where are you take the koni for only $85???? i'm very interested

well £85 not $ but  w www.fensport.co.uk w  is where you can get them

Kool PT

Quote from: "lazey_boy"I really want that group biu as i need suspension now but heres another link i found which looks pretty special  m http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/br-series-coilovers.asp m  pretty new to the english market but big in drifting and racing they get very good reviews  m http://www.ek9.org/forum/suspension/109 ... eview.html m .

yeah they are well recieved but £649 + delivery vs £500 for the ksports

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I'm with you there Kool PT, just not sure whats happening with the group buy and no disrespect to the Ksport but the BC are on a par with Cusco or Tein but for half the money so are worth consideration if your finance will stretch note they have camber adjustment top plates etc  s:D :D s:D  (Personaly I'm looking at the Ksport but am buying a house so need every penny or possibly a second hand setup)

StuM

Quote from: "Kool PT"http://www.fensport.co.uk/partsfiles/zzw30chassis.htm

Hi All,

Excuse my ignorance, but are these Koni inserts £85 per shock, or per pair?

Cheers,
Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

markiii

per shock

StuM

Quote from: "markiii"per shock

Thanks for the quick reply Mark.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Tags: