Apexi Power Intake (ok, again)

Started by Anonymous, February 3, 2004, 16:37

Anonymous

Bought an Apexi Power intake a fortnight back, and fitted it last Saturday night. Took me less than 40 minutes start to finish, and was one of the easiest "fits" I have ever tried. (Thanks to the excellent photos I found on Spyderchat....)
Sounds and goes fantastic, everybody at a meeting I attended last weekend thought so, I heard it myself as somebody blasted away in my car for a drive - acceleration is now something else with all the noise, and mid to top end is much improved. Reminds me of the early Ford BDA and Fiat twincams I have had and rallied in the past.  s:D :D s:D
Got it up to 6600 in 5th with no problem - before this at 6000 plus I had thought any more was going to be slow progress, not any more!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  
Seems certainly worth the £90 I paid through a friend, don't know where it came from except "Walsall area".
As my instructions are in Jap, I don't know why the pics are pointing out certain pins on the ecu?
What's the deal with these? Is there something I can do here?
Is it worth trying the famous resistor mod in eBay?  Yes, I bought one.....Only a cheapo resistor, I know, but if it really does work. Anybody know?

A postscript here is that just after I had managed the aforesaid 6600 in 5th, I had slowed down, sure, but was still driving a bit  too spiritedly and flew into a radar trap in Cleveland, which is now going to cost me 3 pts and £60 fine for doing 95.....  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tem

Quote from: "smr2ley"As my instructions are in Jap, I don't know why the pics are pointing out certain pins on the ecu?

IIRC, someone on SC said that there are Apexi S-AFC install instructions as well...maybe you're looking at that part?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "smr2ley"A postscript here is that just after I had managed the aforesaid 6600 in 5th, I had slowed down, sure, but was still driving a bit  too spiritedly and flew into a radar trap in Cleveland, which is now going to cost me 3 pts and £60 fine for doing 95.....  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Bummer! Guess it's a good job you'd slowed down.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "smr2ley"As my instructions are in Jap, I don't know why the pics are pointing out certain pins on the ecu?

IIRC, someone on SC said that there are Apexi S-AFC install instructions as well...maybe you're looking at that part?

Yes, there's definately something in the docs about S-AFC settings. I would dig mine out and check, but it's all sealed up in a box downstairs ready to ship to you Tem  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: