Another Tyre Thread

Started by uktotty, March 23, 2009, 10:59

uktotty

Well its time to replace my rears so under the wise instruction from the club I went to replace them with the same as before
Toyo Proxes T1-R 205/50/15 V
I have a day off so went around all the tyre fitters locally,  prices varied from £64.95 to £79.95 fitted and balanced.
Kwik Fit had NEVER HEARD of Toyo!!

Anyway so I got back and checked Blackcircles and MyTyres as per recomendations and they were more expensive!
Camskill £72.70 plus fitting
Mytyres £77.00 Fitted
Blackcircles £63.87 Fitted
Local Bloke £64.95 Fitted

So is it worth the wait?
Is the web always cheapest?

StuM

Quote from: "uktotty"Well its time to replace my rears so under the wise instruction from the club I went to replace them with the same as before
Toyo Proxes T1-R 205/50/15 V
I have a day off so went around all the tyre fitters locally,  prices varied from £64.95 to £79.95 fitted and balanced.
Kwik Fit had NEVER HEARD of Toyo!!

Anyway so I got back and checked Blackcircles and MyTyres as per recomendations and they were more expensive!
Camskill £72.70 plus fitting
Mytyres £77.00 Fitted
Blackcircles £63.87 Fitted
Local Bloke £64.95 Fitted

So is it worth the wait?
Is the web always cheapest?

Hi Russ,

There is a ROC discount for Blackcircles Click Here

That said, the price the local guy is quoting you is decent.  Don't forget though that Blackcircles supply the tyre and a local guy fits, so essentially it'll be the same service.

Cheers,
Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

uktotty

OOOOOH
Cheers Stu
Just did that and saved another £4 so ordered for local fitting  s:) :) s:)

ex-member

Wow, I'm quite surprised that camskill wasn't the cheapest for your size! They've always been the cheapest for me when I've looked (in larger sizes mind you)

Tags: