Who wants one of these? (Air Inlet Duct)

Started by markiii, February 5, 2004, 14:48

markiii

it's directly underneath teh left hand rear light
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Cheers

Anonymous

Feel a little stupid, but:

1.  How do I remove it?
2.  Should I remove it?

markiii

to remove it just pull, it will feel tight but if you jigle it a bit it will come free at both ends.

Should you remove it?

well only you can decide afetr reading this thread.

the good news is that if you do and change your mind, it just goes back in again.

or I could sell you an inlet pipe  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

so.simple

Quote from: "markiii"If the noise is all you are after there is a FREE yes FREE way of obtaining this.  Feeding into the stock airbox is a tapered elbow shaped plastic tube. Remove this and marvel at your induction roar.

I' now have one of the H&S's duct, but thanks for this tip! The car really roars! The psychological effect is tremendous, it feels two times faster!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Carlos

fg

Firstly, apologies for a dumb question.

If you do the free mod, and remove the pipe, what happens to the air that should have been going through it? Am i not understanding something here?
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

Anonymous

The air from the side of the car is sucked in through the vent, rather than pushed in.

So, by removing that pipe, what happens is the air fed into your engine is sucked in from the engine bay, rather from the side of the car.

fg

suggesting a drop in power i guess? with the warm air and all?
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

Anonymous

Well it should reduce the power, but dunno if you'd actually notice it.

Tags: