Toyota Sports Lowering Springs - Good Price?

Started by AC, April 6, 2009, 18:58

AC

Following the weekends Spring Ding Day meet it drove home (pardon the pun) just how tractor-ish my car looks on standard springs  s:? :? s:?  .  Subsequently trawling ebay uncovered 'Toyota Sports Lowering Springs' from Mr T Dealer Pentagon Sheffield (not TTE they say, marketed as I've described, part number PZ439-W0720-00).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-LOWERING-SPRINGS-MR2-ROADSTER_W0QQitemZ250400815847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item250400815847&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

They are asking £145.00 for the 4 springs and when I enquired about a fitted price they responded with £283.00 all told (2 hrs labour + vat, + £145 springs).  I am looking for genuine Toyota to keep insurance complications to a minimum, just a couple of questions though;

Is this a good price?
Do we think these are actually different to the commonly referred to TTE springs?

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

Anonymous

AC

Thanks Nelix,

Just out of interest, can you remember if your quoted price did include a geo check?  I'd be surprised if what I've been quoted does, would suspect that is an 'additional charge'.

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

spit

Andrew,

As Nelix hints the better option here would be to carry on searching for alternative deals.

As always, there's a health warning on the insurance implications of taking on any mods, Toyota parts or otherwise. I think we discussed this at ding day   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'm speaking with Charlesworth this week. If you like I can get you a guide price on fitting as its something they do with other marques but not something they've yet got involved with on the Mk3. Watching them sweat over a Lexus recently I suspect the '2 will be a much quicker job  s:D :D s:D  

Could be a good local asset for other members.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: