door panel rattle

Started by Anonymous, February 5, 2004, 19:08

Anonymous

i have had two roadsters and both have the same problem

when you turn the stereo up the door panels buzz with the base. the buzzing is right by my ear where the panel meets the rest of the body work

anyone with the same problem or better still any solutions

s:( :( s:(

Tem

Quote from: "adz648"any solutions

Yes, get the bass off the doors. Check the UnderDash SUB groupbuy on the sales area, you want one of those  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

dynomat or flashing tape on teh door skin and remount teh pannels with small nits of dynomat around teh egdes to stop rattles

Anonymous

cheers

dancarbon

Quote from: "adz648"when you turn the stereo up the door panels buzz with the base. the buzzing is right by my ear where the panel meets the rest of the body work
My passenger door speaker buzzes like hell with even fairly quiet volume, p*sses me off I can tell you.
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

no SH** both of mine buzz and it happened on my last 2

mr T said 'turn the stereo down'

so i turned it off. its the only cure so far

s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Tem

Quote from: "adz648"so i turned it off. its the only cure so far

It's not the stereo, it's the bass...

Get the bass off the doors with the UDSub I mentioned earlier, if you like to listen to the stereo. It has already cured dozens of buzzing doors from guys at SC and I'm sure it's ready to cure more buzzing doors for guys at MR2-ROC.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

seem to have stopped the buzzing noise (temporally mind) by stuffing a piece of folded up paper in-between the door panel and the door itself. just in-line with the arm rest.

i plan to do this properly with some matting when i get Busters spacers as i will be taking the panel off then.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "adz648"no SH** both of mine buzz and it happened on my last 2

mr T said 'turn the stereo down'

so i turned it off. its the only cure so far

sounds like a typical mr.T answer, state the bloody obvious and don't even try to fix the problem  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"dynomat or flashing tape on the door skin and remount the pannels with small nits of dynomat around the egdes to stop rattles

I managed to get hold of some flashing tape today, and it's 100mm x 10M in length - more than enough I think to stop my doors rattling!

Rather than shelling out for expensive Dynomat as well, can I just line the inside of the door skin with strips of Flashing tape instead?

I'm not after the perfect acoustic environment, just a little solidity to the doors!

Cheers, Tim.

Slacey

Yep, you can line the door skins with that stuff too. It isn't as thick as Dynamat, so put on a couple of layers, but try not to get any air trapped between them - use some kind of roller to flatten it if you can.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Cheers, I'll see how I get on, it's just to try and make everything a bit more solid really.
I was going to upgrade the speakers too, but as I've lived with the stock ones for so long (albeit with a non-standard head unit), it's not really worth changing them now!

Tags: