Scratches

Started by Anonymous, February 5, 2004, 19:09

Anonymous

already taken some photos... weather i finish the report or not will depend on the final result!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"Where can you get this Lanka gear from please  s:?: :?: s:?:

m http://www.frost.co.uk/ m
Sorry to be a pain in the ass but still cannot locate it.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  What section on that site does it come under  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

well i just took the sandpaper to my car....   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

The Mer stuff sorts it out though, so im not too bothered now, but oen thing is to note... when they say "use a small amount of paint" they mean it. as i got pissed off and went outside the scratch the finish is crap... i have to use the Langka stuff now to remove all the new paint and start again!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Edit - just went over the area with Langka and it started to look a bit better... then gave it a polish and now its looking good. What i need to do it use the langka to get rid of all the paint ive put on, start again and use less paint. Still, for a first attempt it aint bad - learn from my mistakes i guess!   s:) :) s:)

Edit2 - here are some pics. The reason for the big blob is where i used too much paint.

Before
Sanded Down1
Sanded Down2
Finished 1
Finished 2

Tem

I had to repair a scratch some time ago...I have red car and it was deep enough to show the white primer. I bought the paint from Toyota, which was less than 5 euros (paint+clearcoat+brush+metal brush).

Then I used a toothpick to put some paint in the scratch. And only to the scratch, not around it at all. After letting it dry like two weeks, I used rubbing compound to that area. The result is pretty much perfect, I can't find the place anymore, even if I try to...

This might be the easy way to those who don't feel like sanding the paint...I know I wouldn't dare...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"Where can you get this Lanka gear from please  s:?: :?: s:?:

m http://www.frost.co.uk/ m
Sorry to be a pain in the ass but still cannot locate it.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  What section on that site does it come under  s:?: :?: s:?:
Cheers the problem was with the spelling of 'Langka' on previous posts.

Anonymous

Just cleaned my 2 and found a HUGE (well 4mm x 1mm) stone chip on the bonnet!
It's taken it down to primer. Any suggestions for best touch up option?
Only done 1000 miles since new and now all I see when I look at it is this bloody CHIP!!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

any of the above should do the trick... as your car is red & you wont use lacquer you migth as well go down the langka route. fill the chip up with several layers of touch up paint (try not to go outside the chip itself) then rub a little lankga on, polish & wax... job done.

Anonymous

I don't believe it!  I just got out to my car and I found 3 scratches 2 ft long and going down to the metal/primer in places.

Because it covers the front wing and the door it looks like I'm going to have to fork out to get both panels re-painted Lagoon Blue.

I have no idea as to the cost and no wish whatsoever to claim on insurance so I'm going to attempt the Mer kit option.

Is it a lost cause with such heyowge scratches?....or will patience and elbow grease to the job.  I'd quite like to have a go at it.  Def a skill worth picking up.

What posses these single helix DNA low life charvers to do this?  If I find out which of the local burberry cap brigade did this I may need restraining!

Anonymous

rlack .. I have the same ... I have a 1ft gouged out scratch that appears to ghave gone below primer on my rear by the MR2 badge!  Gutted .. .got some Toyota paint so I will look to apply this weekend!  I am usually crap at things like this so I may rope my dad into doing it as he has 10x more patience than me  s;) ;) s;)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "rlack"I don't believe it!  I just got out to my car and I found 3 scratches 2 ft long and going down to the metal/primer in places.

Because it covers the front wing and the door it looks like I'm going to have to fork out to get both panels re-painted Lagoon Blue.

I have no idea as to the cost and no wish whatsoever to claim on insurance so I'm going to attempt the Mer kit option.

Is it a lost cause with such heyowge scratches?....or will patience and elbow grease to the job.  I'd quite like to have a go at it.  Def a skill worth picking up.

What posses these single helix DNA low life charvers to do this?  If I find out which of the local burberry cap brigade did this I may need restraining!
It bloody amazes me that anyone can get any satisfaction in damaging a nice motor like that. Sorry to hear it mate  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Tags: