Do you hate cleaning your car?

Started by markiii, February 6, 2004, 18:57

markiii

I hate cleaning the glass, no matter what I try I can't stop it smearing.

then I found these

m http://www.vacuumbags2u.co.uk/shop/inde ... gory&id=18 m

one for glass, and the chrome one works great on the kickplates
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

FWIW I just use normal polish (as in the sort you do the rest of the car with) on mine... means you need the wipers less when it rains too.

Liz

E- Cloths.....their great!!  Just ask my shiny black kitchen worksurfaces!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"I hate cleaning the glass, no matter what I try I can't stop it smearing.

Sometimes an old trick is better than a bag full of new...

Wash it with any decent stuff and dry it with crumpled newspaper. Might sound a bit weird, but try it, it works.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Turtle wax window wipes

Slacey

AutoGlym glass polish
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Chris

Let the valet place do it for ya!!!

not that i'd ever do that....   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Liz"E- Cloths.....their great!!  Just ask my shiny black kitchen worksurfaces!

and you can buy the same thing under a different name for £2 less in sainsbury's under the name "Spontex window wonder"
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Liz"E- Cloths.....their great!!  Just ask my shiny black kitchen worksurfaces!

and you can buy the same thing under a different name for £2 less in sainsbury's under the name "Spontex window wonder"

I have not tried it in the car, but I was not impressed with Spontex Window Wonder on the house windows, they were still left smeared and needed a clean with Windowlene afterwards.  (so the wife said!..)

For the car, I think Autoglym Fast Glass used with a polishing cloth is better than anything else that I have yet tried.  

Andy

Anonymous

Cheaper direct rom the manufacturer/importer at  m http://www.enviroproducts.co.uk/ m .

They're fantastic things, provided you don't use any chemicals; just plain water, otherwise the microfibre clogs.

Anonymous

I haven't gone to the trouble of actually polishing my glass at any time, but I do Windowlene it with some kitchen roll, which seems to work as well as anything.

Does anyone else get a lot of vertical greasy marks on the inside of the side windows though? Near the windscreen surround. They keep re-appearing when the window is put up and down.. a right PITA! Haven't noticed them on any other car I've owned...

Tim.

markiii

yep, e cloths will sove that.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"yep, e cloths will sove that.

Great, I'll give them a try!
It's almost as if the window is disappearing into a tub of Vaseline inside the door every time I put it down, with the rubber strip squeegie-ing off the excess!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "c_a_r_t_e_r"Does anyone else get a lot of vertical greasy marks on the inside of the side windows though? Near the windscreen surround. They keep re-appearing when the window is put up and down.. a right PITA! Haven't noticed them on any other car I've owned...

Tim.

Yes, I've noticed that too. Rainwater seems to get trapped somewhere in the window channel, and doesn't seem to dry out easily.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Testcard"
Quote from: "c_a_r_t_e_r"Does anyone else get a lot of vertical greasy marks on the inside of the side windows though? Near the windscreen surround. They keep re-appearing when the window is put up and down.. a right PITA! Haven't noticed them on any other car I've owned...

Tim.

Yes, I've noticed that too. Rainwater seems to get trapped somewhere in the window channel, and doesn't seem to dry out easily.
And drips on your mullet and seat edge as you get in   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Mullet? How did you know I have a mullet  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: