Which tyres do i use ?

Started by Anonymous, May 14, 2009, 13:24

Anonymous

Hi there i need some advise on tyre choice for my MR2 Roadster,it's awful in the wet,really looking for good grip,no confidence in it when it's raining

loadswine

Hi, welcome along. This thread may be very useful to you  l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3313 l

When you get a moment , do have a good browse around the forum, as there may be all sorts of answers waiting on here to answer questions you haven't even thought of yet.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Do hold on tightly to your wallet though, as these ideas invariably lead to thinning of bank balance.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

muffdan

Personally,Toyo Poxie T1R's all round.

Make sure you don't mix and match brands and always replace both tyres on an axle at the same time. Its also worth getting a 4-wheel alignment done. A sorted alignment transformed the handling of my car in the wet. I drove around like a granny before and still had some uncomfortable wobbles.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

roger

Welcome Rosie.

Yes, a good read (especially the stickies at the top of each forum) will give you a lot of information. Unfortunately it does sometime take a substantial amount of time to sort out the wheat from the chaff in a search - but that can be very useful tool.

Look forward to hearing more from you, and by the way, useful to put your location / county, whatever in your profile - members are more than happy to travel a few miles to help another if required.

Oh, by the way, I'm a Toyo TR1 man as well. Superbed in wet and dry as far as I am concerned.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

andywood

check out 'camskill' for best prices on Toyo T1-R, just got a new rear set myself   s:D :D s:D  

Andy
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

roger

Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

normanh

Definate to T1 R's had 2 fitted on my 2 today rears at £64 each via Blackcircles, worked out the milage on these at 29K the fronts still have 3-4 mm so will change them in a couple of months, yep should do the 4 but didnt have another £100 odd handy. A good tyre without question.

normanh

Tags: