Slow Warm Up

Started by Anonymous, February 9, 2004, 19:22

Anonymous

How long does it take for engine to come up to temp.  I have to drive for at least 3 miles  s:?: :?: s:?:   My other car (the Focus  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ) is up to temp in less than half a mile.

Anonymous

I often get 10 miles before it's up to temp.

Anonymous

do you mean water temp or oil temp? Remember the dial on the dash is water, which will take longer on colder days...

MRMike

I take it your talking about water temp and not oil temp?  I thought the Oil took up to 10 miles
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

If you're talking about the temperature dial (water), it takes between 5-10 minutes on my car.

Anonymous

I used to run a 306 which also warmed up much quicker than the MR2, I believe this is because in a front engined car the radiator is close to the engine, so not only do you have less coolant in hoses, but the engine bay is much hotter and radiator is also warmed by radiated heat from the engine (esp manifolds) which gets you up to temp quicker than a rear engined car with a stone cold radiator that isn't getting any external heat.

As for oil/water temp, oil temp typically takes twice as long to come up as water (obvious if you have a car with both oil and water temp gauges).

Tags: