TTE turbo to 2ZZ turbo track car

Started by STP, June 1, 2009, 23:14

STP

Quote from: "Ilogik"I know Driftworks have a similar seat rail, they may possibly be able to replicate you theirs for the roadster.

Newara parts its not them you bought them from If it is them, then try coord sport too.

Going up to see patrick on monday afternoon let him have a drive in my car, see what he thinks to the hesitation. Hopefully something simple, other than that power fc says everything is spot on.

I've email Driftworks and Newara parts so i'll see what they come up with. Thanks for the info.
2 x road legal MR2 race cars. Monocraft GT 300 replica with 2GR-FE V6 engine and class winning black MR2 Championship roadster

Christopherathens

I am in awe!
Amazing work by Rogue,eagerly waiting on the outcome.I am thinking to make a small trip to you guys..  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

STP i am sure you are going to be extremely happy!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
 Good choice on the BC Ram.I replaced my Tein SS with it and i am very glad i did,especially regarding track duty.The valving of the BC's is much better that the Tein's,i never thought it would be such a big difference.
2zz-gZe powered by J.P.Motis / WEB3.0
325.7 hp

www.mr2rotrex.blogspot.com

MR2 Club Of Greece

STP

Quote from: "Christopherathens"I am in awe!
Amazing work by Rogue,eagerly waiting on the outcome.I am thinking to make a small trip to you guys..  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

STP i am sure you are going to be extremely happy!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
Good choice on the BC Ram.I replaced my Tein SS with it and i am very glad i did,especially regarding track duty.The valving of the BC's is much better that the Tein's,i never thought it would be such a big difference.

I paid my car a visit earlier this week and it's stunning. I actually got to drive it round the block on a very conservative boost, intial impresses are good! Just the final mapping to go and it'll be out on the road. Some of the latest touches really do make the car look special, I'll ask Rogue to update the pictures.

I've read a great deal of posts on your car, it's seriously impressive. With 325bhp it must fly. I'm keeping the boost capped at 8psi on mine until i uprate the internals, thats a job for next year!
2 x road legal MR2 race cars. Monocraft GT 300 replica with 2GR-FE V6 engine and class winning black MR2 Championship roadster

Ilogik

Had another peak at your car, the amount of time and effort in this build is second to none. Car as well as looking the part low mean and moody has an evil heart to boot. Cant wait to see it up and about Simon.

What are you doing Sunday? If the car is mapped fancy a trip to RWYB at Santa Pod?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

STP

Quote from: "Ilogik"Had another peak at your car, the amount of time and effort in this build is second to none. Car as well as looking the part low mean and moody has an evil heart to boot. Cant wait to see it up and about Simon.

What are you doing Sunday? If the car is mapped fancy a trip to RWYB at Santa Pod?

The build is absolute quality, there's some real attention to detail gone in to it. From my short run around the block the handling felt in a completely different league.

I'm down in Brighton this weekend while the car will be with Rogue. I'll certainly be up for taking it to Santa Pod at some point this summer.

Ilogik

Sounds good, I really liked the exhaust! Looks stock where it came out the rear bumper.

Christopherathens

One suggestion, because i don't see any tachometer and you surely need one because the stock one doesn't go over 8K.
 Speedhut Tachometer,really satisfied with the outcome:

Quote from: "STP"I've read a great deal of posts on your car, it's seriously impressive. With 325bhp it must fly. I'm keeping the boost capped at 8psi on mine until i uprate the internals, thats a job for next year!

Thank you.
 Same here about that job next year..  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
325.7 hp

MR2 Club Of Greece

custardavenger

Christopher. Thats just beautiful.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Christopherathens

Quote from: "custardavenger"Christopher. Thats just beautiful.

Cheers Rob,the main factor i chose it is that it looks stock..at least in daytime.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
325.7 hp

MR2 Club Of Greece

Ilogik

If im right think his got a pretty bad ass set up for the tacho.

Star_69

Quote from: "Ilogik"If Im right think his got a pretty bad ass set up for the tacho.

I only saw it in the box and was very jealous   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

Ilogik

Quote from: "Star_69"
Quote from: "Ilogik"If Im right think his got a pretty bad ass set up for the tacho.

I only saw it in the box and was very jealous   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

haha that car is special, I want to see it in action now.

philster_d

Quote from: "STP"I'll certainly be up for taking it to Santa Pod at some point this summer.

Cool well i think i would be up for a bit of that as well. im sure our cars will have bonded by now.  s:) :) s:)

STP

Quote from: ChristopherathensOne suggestion, because i don't see any tachometer and you surely need one because the stock one doesn't go over 8K.

Your tacho's impressive, great fit and i like the colour. I've taken a different route to minimise the number of gauges and get a 8k+ tacho. I'm still keeping the standard dash but i've bought one of these  m http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html m , it's been fitted in to an MR2 Navpod. It was cheaper than buying all the gauges i wanted and intergrates in to their GPS data logging equipment.

Ilogik

Quote from: "STP"
Quote from: "Christopherathens"One suggestion, because i don't see any tachometer and you surely need one because the stock one doesn't go over 8K.

Your tacho's impressive, great fit and i like the colour. I've taken a different route to minimise the number of gauges and get a 8k+ tacho. I'm still keeping the standard dash but i've bought one of these  m http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html m , it's been fitted in to an MR2 Navpod. It was cheaper than buying all the gauges i wanted and intergrates in to their GPS data logging equipment.

Si have you thought about switching its location so it is in the actual consol unit itself? only thing I can see being a pain is the petrol reading gauge doing it like that, but would make it easier on the eye, or make a custom surround like this one found in the apexi MR-S

STP

Quote from: "philster_d"
Quote from: "STP"I'll certainly be up for taking it to Santa Pod at some point this summer.

Cool well i think i would be up for a bit of that as well. Im sure our cars will have bonded by now.  s:) :) s:)

When the cars are back on the road (hopefully for both of us it will been soon!) we should get a date in the diary. I popped round and saw yours on the dyno earlier this week, was looking good.

STP

Si have you thought about switching its location so it is in the actual consol unit itself? only thing I can see being a pain is the petrol reading gauge doing it like that, but would make it easier on the eye, or make a custom surround like this one found in the apexi MR-S

[/quote]

Not you as well! Patrick's trying to convince me i should ditch the standard dash and replace it with the digi dash. I may do in the future but i've not brought myself round to losing the standard dash yet. At the moment it still feels like an MR2 inside.

Ilogik

Quote from: "STP"Si have you thought about switching its location so it is in the actual consol unit itself? only thing I can see being a pain is the petrol reading gauge doing it like that, but would make it easier on the eye, or make a custom surround like this one found in the apexi MR-S

Not you as well! Patrick's trying to convince me i should ditch the standard dash and replace it with the digi dash. I may do in the future but i've not brought myself round to losing the standard dash yet. At the moment it still feels like an MR2 inside.[/quote]

cough keep the dash and just replace the gauges with the digi :p best of both worlds then lol.

The old mr2, but you could make a plate for it to fit into would look stock then.

Have you thought about making a plate up to fill in the passenger air bag hole?

philster_d

yes he was telling me this stack dash was quite effective.

i saw a guy on IMOC selling some Defi stuff because he had gone over to that. Maybe there are some photos there somewhere.

Phil

STP

I had thought about keeping the dash surround and just replacing the gauges with the digi dash, but the steering while is 300mm and seriously restricts the view. To effectively see the dash would take a bit of surgery. The dash isn't cheap but it really does make sense financially and for space if you want to understand whats going on in your engine.

I only spoke to matt this week about covering the hole where the air bag was removed. It seems the plastic cover forms part of the airbag so seperating the two could end in tears!

markiii

Quote from: "STP"I had thought about keeping the dash surround and just replacing the gauges with the digi dash, but the steering while is 300mm and seriously restricts the view. To effectively see the dash would take a bit of surgery. The dash isn't cheap but it really does make sense financially and for space if you want to understand whats going on in your engine.

I only spoke to matt this week about covering the hole where the air bag was removed. It seems the plastic cover forms part of the airbag so seperating the two could end in tears!

in japan their was an option for a second glovebox instead of teh passenger airbag

if you can get it a replacement cover exists
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Christopherathens

Quote from: "STP"m http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html m

Great choice,A+ product.
Not that i expected less..  s:) :) s:)  

Since your's is purely a track car you should consider removing completely the dash and make a custom one with even less weight.I am also eager to see the weight of the whole car.
325.7 hp

MR2 Club Of Greece

STP

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "STP"I had thought about keeping the dash surround and just replacing the gauges with the digi dash, but the steering while is 300mm and seriously restricts the view. To effectively see the dash would take a bit of surgery. The dash isn't cheap but it really does make sense financially and for space if you want to understand whats going on in your engine.

in japan their was an option for a second glovebox instead of the passenger airbag

if you can get it a replacement cover exists

Thanks for the info, i'll do some investigation.

STP

Quote from: "Christopherathens"
Quote from: "STP"m http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html m

Great choice,A+ product.
Not that i expected less..  s:) :) s:)  

Since your's is purely a track car you should consider removing completely the dash and make a custom one with even less weight.I am also eager to see the weight of the whole car.

I'm keen to see the weight as well. A lot of weight has come out, but a lot has gone back in. We think its going to be around 1050kg without driver. Rogue have been twisting my arm on the custom dash idea, i'm sure over winter i'll give in.

Anonymous

Great project!

Eager to see it in the track!

Tags: