Fuel flap....I'm puzzled

Started by Peter Laborne, February 10, 2004, 13:33

Peter Laborne

Last week I had to help out a fellow Roadster owner (I pointed her in the direction of the club, but she hasn't appeared yet) who couldn't get her fuel flap shut.

Firstly I checked all the moving parts. They were all fine and working properly. Nothing jamming and nothing out of place.

Next the flap itself. This too was perfectly ok. It hadn't been knocked and nothing was bent out of place. It also married up to the gap perfectly, so it hadn't slipped.

What it looked like was the catch was hitting the bottom of the springed plastic pin:

As a temporary fix I bent the catch a little to get it past the pin.

Any ideas as to what happened or a proper fix?

markiii

isn't that a yaris?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Perhaps she managed to bend the catch by hitting it with a pump nozzle? If nothings broken then thats the only cause I can think of...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Peter Laborne

For once...........no!!!

BTW - topic drift Mr Admin person   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

sorry, couldn't resist
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "GSB"Perhaps she managed to bend the catch by hitting it with a pump nozzle? If nothings broken then thats the only cause I can think of...

That's what I thought at first, but there was no visable damage and it takes some force to bend the catch.

Tags: